How to know the level of a tank by displacing the liquid

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Fernando Franco
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Liquid Pressure Tank
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
Fernando Franco
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi friends,

I have the following problem, I know there is a system named bubbler level gauge, it works by measuring the required pressure to displace the liquid inside a tank.

My known data is:

the height of the tank
The Diamater
The Density of the liquid
The Volume of the tank

Let's say I place a differential pressure sensor and I read the required pressure to displace the liquid, how can I know the level of the tank ? there must be a formula to determine when the tank is full, or 50%, knowing the pressure required to displace the water

(please take a look at the following image)
bubbler.jpg
 
Physics news on Phys.org
billy_joule said:
Are you familiar with Pascal's law?
Not much, do you have a formula my friend?