Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to use the arduino breadboard syb 46?

1. Mar 8, 2015 #1
    Hello , everyone! Recently I've bought the arduino board with the arduino breadboard syb 46
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4BDjpN_PwarV3VJMU84R2RUS0E/view?usp=sharing.

The problem is I don't understand how to use it. I can't understand the scheme of this model of breadboard, where is plus and minus, where is ground , etc. I've already watched a lot of videos about arduino breadboards on youtube but I found no videos about this arduino breadboard model I 'm asking about help, because the absence of needed information very frustrates me so I can't begin to work on arduino

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2015 #2
    Hello Ivy and welcome...

In your link - all of the top single row ( 20 points) is one common connection ( frequently called a bus) - then all of the bottom row is another.

Then each vertical column of 5 ( not 10) is each a common connection. Each black line is a separate "bus" or connection. I only did 3 of the columns - you should get the point.

Most commonly the top and bottom rows are used as the DC + and DC - bus, for basic circuits.

upload_2015-3-9_13-37-43.png

Edit - a google image search for " breadboard layout " works well. You will see they are not all identical - but pretty much all have the same concept.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  4. Mar 11, 2015 #3

rbelli1

Gold Member

When you wire these types of breadboards up you will want to check that the top and bottom bus bars are connected all of the way through. Sometimes the bus bars are wired into multiple separate domains. I believe in this case they are continuous.

BoB

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook