How would I calculate water pressure in a vertical column?

In summary: I had no idea that 2 inches was smaller than 4 inches either.The column of water will apply a certain force on the water below due to the gravity acting on it. That force depends on the mass of the water column and on the acceleration due to gravity: F = m*g because the mass depends on the volume and on the density of the water you get: F = volume*density*g because the volume depends on the height and cross sectional area of the water column you get: F = height*area*density*g When the tank is full, you will have a static pressure
As a matter of style and politeness and adherence to the Physics Forums global guidelines, one should avoid criticising posters and only criticize postings. Verbiage such as "deliberately pedantic and arrogant" may be straying over that line.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you want to hit someone hard "you clearly don't understand' is polite but to the point. I think the mods do quite well with the more objectionable visitors, in fact. They don't seem to hang around long - or oerhaps they come back in another, more polite guise.