Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HR neuron model using analog computer technique

1. May 22, 2015 #1
    Circuit.png CalcNew.png Hi Everyone,

I am simulating(using HSPICE) HR neuron model using analog computer technique but I am not getting the required response.
    I am using uA741 model of opamp and MLT04 model of multiplier. I have tested these components individually and they are working fine. I doubt there is something wrong in adjustment of DC levels.
    If anyone can figure out what might be the problem , I will be extremely thankful.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. May 27, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. May 27, 2015 #3

anorlunda

Staff: Mentor

What response are you getting and what did you expect?

5. May 29, 2015 #4

tech99

Gold Member

Why don't you choose a more modern op-amp which has more perfect performance? The 741 is very obsolete. Small offsets etc can add up in a circuit like this.

6. May 29, 2015 #5
    Thanks tech99 for the response.
    Could you please let me know any modern opamp which I can use.

7. May 29, 2015 #6

tech99

Gold Member

TL081 is possible. Most Op Amps have an offset adjustment, and I don't know if SPICE simulates this - maybe you have overlooked it if so.
    One possibility with the circuit is that it is unstable and either oscillating, maybe at high frequency, or latching one way or the other. I think in hardware we would try breaking the signal path somewhere to see if it stabilises. I don't know the multiplier but I notice there is nothing to limit its high frequency response, so maybe SPICE will create noise or oscillation.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook