Can We Create an Endless Loop of Energy with Water?

In summary, it is not possible to create a perpetual motion machine using electrolysis. The mechanical energy produced by the piston will be less than the electrical energy needed to do the electrolysis.
Jakecp
I have got a question. If we do electrolysis with waterand get : H2 + 02 , and then we make hydrogen explode and make a piston move , for example. Then it would be H2O again? So we could do this forever and get as much energy as we want? That would be super awesome but i am not sure.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
No, this a perpetual motion idea, and it is not possible due to entropy.
Yes you will get H2O again, but there will be energy lost as heat.
The mechanical energy produced by the piston will be less than the electrical energy needed to do the electrolysis.
It will quickly run down unless you supply more energy from an external source.

I meant that we do electrolysis with hydroelectric energy , solar panels , something sustainable and then use hydrogen for combustion and there we go! it gets into h20 and we have electrolysis again and that process goes again and again and we would never , ever , ever be out of hydrogen and water right?

Sure, as long as you provide electrical power to the system from an external source.

Awesome! It is 101% sustainable or even more . There should be more hydrogen cars. Is there a better fuel than hydrogen that runs in a cycle like this?

As far as I know hydrogen is about as good as it gets in terms of energy released per volume of fuel.
... but ... supplying the extra electrical energy has a cost, especially if it generated from carbon fuels.

You mean , the energy for electrolysis? , there are other methods to do it like by solar energy getting concentrated into a spot by mirrors that heat the water and then we separe the gases by their properties.

No, using solar energy to vapourise water will just result in water vapour, not Hydrogen.
You need electricity to separate the Hydrogen from the Oxygen.

Water can only be separated by electricity?

Well there are chemical methods of splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen as well as electrolysis.
However these also require the supply of energy in some form, and they are less efficient than simply using electricity.

Thanks for helping me with my questions.

You can either use the electricity to make hydrogen and use that to power cars or put the electricity in a battery and use that to power a car. Important to consider which is more efficient?

1. Can We Really Create an Endless Loop of Energy with Water?

Yes, it is possible to create an endless loop of energy with water through a process called hydroelectric power. This involves using the power of flowing water to turn turbines and generate electricity. This process can be repeated continuously, making it an endless loop of energy.

2. How Does Hydroelectric Power Work?

Hydroelectric power works by harnessing the energy from flowing water. This energy is then used to turn turbines, which in turn, rotates a generator to produce electricity. The water is then released back into the stream or river, and the process can be repeated again and again.

3. Is Hydroelectric Power Renewable?

Yes, hydroelectric power is considered a renewable energy source because it relies on the natural water cycle to continuously produce energy. As long as there is flowing water, hydroelectric power can be generated, making it a sustainable and renewable source of energy.

4. What Are the Benefits of Using Hydroelectric Power?

There are several benefits to using hydroelectric power, including its renewable nature, low operating costs, and its ability to produce large amounts of energy. It is also a clean source of energy, as it does not produce harmful emissions or waste products.

5. Are There any Limitations to Using Hydroelectric Power?

While hydroelectric power has many benefits, there are also some limitations to its use. It requires a significant amount of water to generate electricity, which means it may not be feasible in areas with low water resources. Additionally, the construction of hydroelectric power plants can have environmental impacts, such as changing the natural flow of rivers and disrupting ecosystems.