HyperVelocity Mass Accelerator-Helical Solenoidal Model

• Thread starter GliderHawk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mass Model
In summary, the author has an idea for a mass accelerator that could be used to transport space cargo to outer space. The setup would resemble a helix and the payload would be projected into the helix from the outside.
GliderHawk
I have an idea about a mass accelerator, which can be used to accelerate mass, thus can work as a good substitute for the present chemical rockets in transporting space cargo to outer space.
This model i propose of, consists of a tightly wound solenoid, which can be established permanently in the form of a 'snail-shell' type, or in a more clear sense, a Helical arrangement. Based on the principle of field existence in a typical solenoid, the space cargo can be accelerated using the magnetic field INside the coil when its excited. The cargo can be encased in a diamagnetic shell, to prevent any damage to the sensitive parts in the payload, due to the solenoidal field. This encased payload can be projected into the field from the external entrance of the helical solenoid,from where, the field accelerates it into the coil,i.e,the coil and its features shall be so designed that,ultimately,the payload needs to acquire velocity to "fly off" from the Earth's gravity (need not essentially be the escape velocity of earth!,but probably a reasonably high value!), by the time it reaches the inner end of the coil, the payload would have gained enough velocity to penetrate out of the Earth's field.The entire establishment can be 'hermetically' sealed,i.e,its field influences are prevented from affecting anything in the outer environment.
I invite any constructive sugggestions,help and ideas, or even criticism, on this, to help me develop this model.
ThanQ!

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you draw a picture? I'm not quite sure what arrangement you are proposing.

See, the physical look of the setup is lyk a helix.
i mean a spiralling inside model.
lyk u c, a snail's shell...it resembles a helix.
my idea here is to project the payload into the helix from the outer end of the helix,and provide for an opening to the outer environment at its inner end.

Related to HyperVelocity Mass Accelerator-Helical Solenoidal Model

What is a HyperVelocity Mass Accelerator-Helical Solenoidal Model?

A HyperVelocity Mass Accelerator-Helical Solenoidal Model is a type of particle accelerator that uses a helical solenoid to accelerate particles to extremely high speeds.

How does a HyperVelocity Mass Accelerator-Helical Solenoidal Model work?

The accelerator works by using a magnetic field created by the helical solenoid to guide and accelerate particles through a vacuum tube. The particles are then directed towards a target at high speeds, creating collisions and allowing for the study of high-energy physics.

What is the purpose of a HyperVelocity Mass Accelerator-Helical Solenoidal Model?

The purpose of this type of accelerator is to study the behavior and properties of particles at high speeds and energies. This can help scientists understand the fundamental building blocks of matter and the universe.

What are the benefits of using a HyperVelocity Mass Accelerator-Helical Solenoidal Model?

One of the main benefits is that it can accelerate particles to much higher energies than traditional accelerators, allowing for the study of rare and exotic particles. It also has a smaller footprint and can be more cost-effective than other types of accelerators.

Are there any potential risks or concerns associated with a HyperVelocity Mass Accelerator-Helical Solenoidal Model?

As with any particle accelerator, there are potential risks involved, such as radiation exposure and equipment failure. However, strict safety protocols are in place to mitigate these risks and ensure the safe operation of the accelerator.