Living with a Gammy Leg: Seeking Solutions, Not Sympathy

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: I have not tried Hive, but I do like playing games against a computer. I also like playing games with friends and family.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have a gammy leg and can not walk very well, i don't want sympathy, i just want suggestions as to what i can do,
keep it clean:) If i don't do some thing soon i will be out of my skull :(.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
I have a gammy leg and can not walk very well, i don't want sympathy, i just want suggestions as to what i can do,
Take up juggling. Start off using something fragile like lightbulbs. This will teach you a new skill and you'll be way far from bored, spending all that time cleaning up broken glass :smile:

[the juggling is actually serious, the glass is not]

Last edited:
phinds said:
Take up juggling. Start off using something fragile like lightbulbs. This will teach you a new skill and you'll be way far from bored, spending all that time cleaning up broken glass :smile:

[the juggling is actuall serious, the glass is not]
I learned to juggle with pieces of light fabric, like gauze. When you toss it, it floats down slowly, giving you time to figure out how to catch it. I never graduated to anything other than gauze, though!

Woolie, would you be interested in learning to play a musical instrument?

I started playing simple, short games online, supposed to be good for keeping us elderly folks brains sharp.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Evo who are you calling elderly i am a healthy 36 yr old:woot:, i have been hoked on klickomania and sudoku, problem is i can win every time now, i will have to find another challenging game to play.

wolram said:
Evo who are you calling elderly i am a healthy 36 yr old:woot:, i have been hoked on klickomania and sudoku, problem is i can win every time now, i will have to find another challenging game to play.

The challenging game of remembering your real age?:olduhh:

Likes Evo
wolram said:
Have you tried the Evil level Sudoku? If so, and they are easy for you, you will be chairman of the bored and bored certified.

here, watch a kitten eat a spider.

Lisa you wound me, you are now saying i am loosing my memory:frown:

WWGD i have not tried the evil level, must give it a try, if it drives me mad i will blame you:biggrin:

wolram said:
I don't care for sudoku, but I really like crossword puzzles, as does my wife. I find them a lot more interesting then figuring out where to put numeric digits in a grid. I'm just about twice your age, and I work crosswords partly for brain exercise, and partly because I like doing them.

wolram said:
This one is addicting:

Woolie, if you are getting old, here is a Sudoku that should keep you busy for a while.
su_doku.jpg

Likes ProfuselyQuarky and collinsmark
They have this invention called a television, and on this invention they show shows (Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction). They have this other invention called a computer, and on this invention they have music, email, and games.

Chet:biggrin:

Last edited:
Likes ProfuselyQuarky and gracy
wolram said:
Do you live in a rural area or in town? I think if I had a bad leg, I'd invest in a set of crutches and see how far I could wander from home everyday.

Personally, I can't stand sudoku or crossword puzzles. When I have the urge to do mental work I try to teach myself some more algebra, or just do any math word problems I can find.

The other thing is reading novels. If you find an author you like, that can keep your attention for hours.

wolram said:
...have been hoked on klickomania and sudoku, problem is i can win every time now, i will have to find another challenging game to play.
Have you tried Hive? You can play against a bot or a human on line. Or buy a set and play with friends and family. It's an insect-themed tile placement game that does not require a board.
http://www.boardspace.net/english/index.shtml

DaveC426913 said:
Woolie, if you are getting old, here is a Sudoku that should keep you busy for a while.
su_doku.jpg
Nice one Dave, but i can not stress that i am not getting old, i just arrived at 36 and stuck there:mad::biggrin:

zoobyshoe said:
Do you live in a rural area or in town? I think if I had a bad leg, I'd invest in a set of crutches and see how far I could wander from home everyday.

Personally, I can't stand sudoku or crossword puzzles. When I have the urge to do mental work I try to teach myself some more algebra, or just do any math word problems I can find.

The other thing is reading novels. If you find an author you like, that can keep your attention for hours.

I live in a rural area zoobyshoe, i do enjoy reading old books about my local area.

Chestermiller said:
They have this invention called a television, and on this invention they show shows (Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction). They have this other invention called a computer, and on this invention they have music, email, and games.

Chet:biggrin:

Aaaah i can not stand tv or computer games, the only things i use my computer for is E mail and physics forums and related subjects.

wolram said:
Nice one Dave, but i can not stress that i am not getting old, i just arrived at 36 and stuck there:mad::biggrin:
I hear ya.

I'm only 29, (plus 21.95 in shipping & handling).

wolram said:
Lisa you wound me, you are now saying i am loosing my memory:frown:

Don't worry! You forget this wound very soon...:oldfrown:

Likes lisab
I hear that there is a substance secreted in our brain that makes us feel bored, the more the volume of it is coming out, the more bored we feel.

DaveC426913 said:
I hear ya.

I'm only 29, (plus 21.95 in shipping & handling).
That sounds sweet, I remember I hear you sometimes on PF and it's horrible when you get mad.

I know you hate the computer, but try this - if you don't like what it shows you, push the button again:

http://www.boredbutton.com/

I tend to drink a lot of booze when I'm bored.

Hello! You can play online games, or games from your phone that would interest you, you can also read books, listen to music, check pictures of the countries you want to visit in the future (in Google) and a lot of more.

What is a gammy leg?

A gammy leg refers to a leg that is injured, weak, or deformed, typically causing difficulty in movement and daily activities.

What causes a gammy leg?

A gammy leg can be caused by a variety of factors, including injuries, diseases, birth defects, and nerve or muscle disorders.

How does living with a gammy leg affect daily life?

Living with a gammy leg can greatly impact daily life, as it can limit mobility, cause pain or discomfort, and require accommodations to be made for certain activities.

What solutions are available for living with a gammy leg?

There are various solutions for living with a gammy leg, such as physical therapy, assistive devices, surgery, and lifestyle modifications. It is important to consult with a medical professional to determine the best course of action for an individual's specific situation.

What can be done to support individuals living with a gammy leg?

One of the best ways to support individuals living with a gammy leg is to show empathy and understanding. This can also involve advocating for accessibility and inclusivity in society to ensure equal opportunities for those with physical disabilities.