I have an important question to ask, and things to discuss, but

• Thread starter Kevvek
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of getting banned for posting potentially controversial content on a science-based site. The speaker received a warning for posting in the wrong section and is unsure if their content would be considered "crackpottery." The other speaker suggests following the rules and finding other sites to post on if the content does not meet the guidelines. They also express support for the moderators in keeping the site focused on science rather than pseudoscience.
Kevvek
...I am afraid that it will get me banned. I already received one warning, but that may have been because I posted such things in the wrong section.

So, am I free to post on here something which may seem like crackpottery?

Physics news on Phys.org
Probably not. Did you read the rules? If you don't like it, there are other sites where you can post whatever you want. Personally, I applaud the moderators for keeping this a site based on science, not pseudo-science.

This isn't about pseudo-science.

Well, if it meets the rules, you can post it. If not, don't.

Phyzguy nailed it.

1. What should I do if I have an important question to ask?

If you have an important question to ask, it is best to first gather your thoughts and make sure you have a clear understanding of what you want to ask. You can also do some research on the topic beforehand to ensure that your question is well-informed and relevant.

2. How can I start a discussion about a topic?

To start a discussion about a topic, it is helpful to have a clear and concise introduction that explains the purpose of the discussion and sets the tone for the conversation. It can also be beneficial to have some points or questions prepared to guide the discussion and keep it focused.

3. What if I am nervous about asking my question or starting a discussion?

It is completely normal to feel nervous when asking an important question or starting a discussion, especially if it is with a group of people. One way to ease nerves is to practice your question or discussion points beforehand and remind yourself that your thoughts and contributions are valuable.

4. How can I ensure that my question or discussion is productive?

To ensure that your question or discussion is productive, it is important to actively listen to others and consider their perspectives. Avoid interrupting or dominating the conversation and try to keep an open mind. Also, be prepared to provide evidence or reasoning to support your question or points.

5. What if I don't have all the answers to the questions being asked?

It is okay to not have all the answers to the questions being asked. If you are unsure about something, it is best to admit it and offer to do further research or seek input from others. It is also important to remember that discussions are a collaborative effort and everyone may have different insights and knowledge to contribute.