I Love Dr. Cox: Comedy Central's Double Dose of Fun!

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fun Love
In summary, the show is funny, but could be funnier. It is both funny and poignant. If it were simply a slapstick comedy, it wouldn't score so high. Some people might not appreciate certain aspects of the show yet they still like it. The last season wasn't as good as the previous ones. I think season 2 or 3 was my favorite...although I haven't seen the show in a while.
Cyrus
They brought it onto Comedy Central two times a day, YES!

[MEDIA=youtube]SYk4wVReaeo[/MEDIA]&mode=related&search=[/URL]

[PLAIN][MEDIA=youtube]gxqFTNbvANE[/MEDIA]&mode=related&search=[/URL]

[PLAIN][MEDIA=youtube]0H2kbhfMgEA[/MEDIA]&mode=related&search=[/URL]

[PLAIN][MEDIA=youtube]DLRYa3Mu_oQ[/MEDIA]&mode=related&search=[/URL]

I love Dr. Cox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
YES!

I own the season 1, 2, and 3 dvds!

EDIT: When I read your title "Best Show Ever", I thought 'hmm, well obviously that's scrubs, but nobody seems to understand...'. I highlight over the title and it says "They brought it onto Commedy Central two times a day"... I am like... *blank stare*. Open the thread and read "I love Dr. Cox"... Woot

EDIT: I loved this
[MEDIA=youtube]CU3m4N9iOQI[/MEDIA]&mode=related&search=[/URL]

It is a pretty funny show, which is expected of a best show ever, but it could be funnier for a best show ever. I like to watch it if it is on at a time when I have nothing to do. Yeah, I don't watch it very much. :biggrin:

WHAT SHOW? I'm at work and can't watch youtube here.

Evo said:
WHAT SHOW? I'm at work and can't watch youtube here.
They're talking about Scrubs.

Evo said:
WHAT SHOW?
Why, the best show of course!

That would be "The Dinosaurs", especially the episode where they throw the grandmother over the cliff and he replays the video in slow motion.

Gotta love scrubs.

[MEDIA=youtube]ATKZazWRQao[/MEDIA]&mode=related&search=[/URL]

[PLAIN][MEDIA=youtube]HKXee5xGXEI[/MEDIA]&mode=related&search=[/URL]

"Honest to god.. I love this place"

HAHA

[MEDIA=youtube]5m_PzAChdu8[/MEDIA]&NR[/URL]

Comedy Central is playing scrubs from 12-2 ! YESSSSSS~

Yup. Brilliant!

Mk said:
It is a pretty funny show, which is expected of a best show ever, but it could be funnier for a best show ever.
It is both funny and poignant. If it were simply a slapstick comedy, it wouldn't score so high.

You guys aren't the first to claim Scrubs is funny, but I still just don't see it. I think it's pretty lame and forced. Amusing enough for a season as a bit of a thumbing of the nose at the other more dramatic medical themed shows, but it quickly got boring because it's the same tired old jokes episode after episode.

The last season wasn't as good as the previous ones. I think season 2 or 3 was my favorite...hmm

I like Scrubs, but it's no Best Show Ever. That title goes to Arrested Development.

Moonbear said:
You guys aren't the first to claim Scrubs is funny, but I still just don't see it. I think it's pretty lame and forced. Amusing enough for a season as a bit of a thumbing of the nose at the other more dramatic medical themed shows, but it quickly got boring because it's the same tired old jokes episode after episode.
thank you. I don't get why so many people love this show:confused:

yomamma said:
thank you. I don't get why so many people love this show:confused:

Maybe you are too young to have yet experienced some of the situations which occur in Scrubs, or don't appreciate certain aspects yet. Now, I'm also young (17 in 6 days!), but I've lived long enough to relate to sooo much of the show. Makes things even funnier most of the time :smile: :smile:

lol, I remember watching Seinfeld a few years ago and I hated it. Now, I love it :!)

EDIT: What's wrong with you and MB anyway :-p

moose said:
Maybe you are too young to have yet experienced some of the situations which occur in Scrubs, or don't appreciate certain aspects yet. Now, I'm also young (17 in 6 days!), but I've lived long enough to relate to sooo much of the show. Makes things even funnier most of the time :smile: :smile:

lol, I remember watching Seinfeld a few years ago and I hated it. Now, I love it :!)

EDIT: What's wrong with you and MB anyway :-p
Yeah, that's it, I'm too young. :rolleyes: :smile: What sort of place do you live in that you can relate to the show?!

Great ending:

[MEDIA=youtube]zKXUF6YP4HI[/MEDIA][/URL]

Well, I've never seen it, but from the clips posted it just look stupid.

Manchot said:
Arrested Development.

Great show. The first season was pure genius.

-GeoMike-

I'll jump on the "I Don't See Why People Think Scrubs is Funny" bandwagon.

That said, the best show ever is obviously House.

I think Nature puts on some of the best shows, especially in the sky during a storm.

I've always liked time lapse movies/videos -

[MEDIA=youtube]1arvRoQBdWc[/MEDIA][/URL] video is somewhat problematic - may have to move the button

[PLAIN][MEDIA=youtube]9zeHX4-iO_c[/MEDIA][/URL]

[PLAIN][MEDIA=youtube]Er-JoNn-a0E[/MEDIA][/URL]

[PLAIN][MEDIA=youtube]JO_hgN8robg[/MEDIA][/URL] Baraka II - very cool desert and sky shots

[PLAIN][MEDIA=youtube]_ZS-gGhfO4M[/MEDIA][/URL]

[PLAIN][MEDIA=youtube]2qzTg2QWUqw[/MEDIA][/URL]

Related to I Love Dr. Cox: Comedy Central's Double Dose of Fun!

1. What is "I Love Dr. Cox: Comedy Central's Double Dose of Fun!" about?

"I Love Dr. Cox: Comedy Central's Double Dose of Fun!" is a television special that celebrates the character of Dr. Perry Cox from the popular sitcom "Scrubs". It includes a compilation of some of the funniest moments and one-liners from Dr. Cox, as well as behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the cast and crew.

2. When was "I Love Dr. Cox: Comedy Central's Double Dose of Fun!" first aired?

The special first aired on Comedy Central on June 29, 2007.

3. Who is Dr. Perry Cox and why is he so popular?

Dr. Perry Cox is a fictional character portrayed by actor John C. McGinley in the sitcom "Scrubs". He is known for his sarcastic wit, harsh demeanor, and love for his favorite drink, scotch. He became a fan favorite due to his hilarious one-liners and his complex, yet lovable personality.

4. Who are some of the cast and crew members featured in the special?

The special includes interviews with the main cast members of "Scrubs", including Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, and Donald Faison. It also features interviews with series creator Bill Lawrence and other writers and producers of the show.

5. Is "I Love Dr. Cox: Comedy Central's Double Dose of Fun!" available to watch online?

Yes, the special can be streamed on Comedy Central's website or through their app. It may also be available on other streaming platforms such as Hulu or Amazon Prime Video.