1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need a lot of help with Coulomb's Law and Electric Fields? Need HELP

1. Feb 8, 2009 #1
    I need a lot of help with Coulomb's Law and Electric Fields?!?! Need HELP!!!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Here are 3 of the 25 questions the i did not understand, in regards with electric fields and Coulomb's Law.

1. A small object of mass 2.0 g and charge of 1.8x10^-7 C "floats" in an electric field. Find the magnitude and direction of the field.

2. An electron is accelerated by a constant electric field of magnitude 300 N/C.
    A) Find the acceleration of the electron.
    B) How far will the electron travel in 3s?

3. Two charges lie along the x-axis. If q1= -9.0x10^-6 C is at x= 6m and q2= -8x10^-6 C at x= -4m, locate the point at which the electric field will be zero.

Please help me finish my test review, i have been very confused ever since we start Coulomb's Law and Electric Fields.

2. Relevant equations
    F= ((k)(q1)(q2))/(r^2)
    E= (k)(q)/(r^2)
    F= qE

The reason I didnt submit my solution is because i have about 5 different solutions for each problem.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2009 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: I need a lot of help with Coulomb's Law and Electric Fields?!?! Need HELP!!!

Submit the solution you think is best for each one.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook