Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: I need a lot of help with Coulomb's Law and Electric Fields? Need HELP

1. Feb 8, 2009 #1
    I need a lot of help with Coulomb's Law and Electric Fields?!?! Need HELP!!!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Here are 3 of the 25 questions the i did not understand, in regards with electric fields and Coulomb's Law.

1. A small object of mass 2.0 g and charge of 1.8x10^-7 C "floats" in an electric field. Find the magnitude and direction of the field.

2. An electron is accelerated by a constant electric field of magnitude 300 N/C.
    A) Find the acceleration of the electron.
    B) How far will the electron travel in 3s?

3. Two charges lie along the x-axis. If q1= -9.0x10^-6 C is at x= 6m and q2= -8x10^-6 C at x= -4m, locate the point at which the electric field will be zero.

Please help me finish my test review, i have been very confused ever since we start Coulomb's Law and Electric Fields.

2. Relevant equations
    F= ((k)(q1)(q2))/(r^2)
    E= (k)(q)/(r^2)
    F= qE

The reason I didnt submit my solution is because i have about 5 different solutions for each problem.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2009 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: I need a lot of help with Coulomb's Law and Electric Fields?!?! Need HELP!!!

Submit the solution you think is best for each one.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook