1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need a question!

1. Jan 2, 2008 #1
    Since the answers of posts come across far more questions than an average person, I was hoping someone might be able to offer decent question for me to answer adequately in 4000 words. Preferably something which is experimentally rather simple but requires some calculus and plenty of explanation. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 2, 2008 #2

Shooting Star

Homework Helper

4. Jan 2, 2008 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

5. Jan 2, 2008 #4

Shooting Star

Homework Helper

I thought the OP wanted to answer questions in order to help posters in the forum.

6. Jan 2, 2008 #5

berkeman

Yeah, the original post was a bit confusing for me as well. After reading it several times, I think the poster meant to say this instead:

Not great grammar, but I think that's what they meant.

7. Jan 2, 2008 #6
    Sorry, upon rereading it my post is worded quite awkwardly but I did mean answerers. I'm looking into the capacitor question now, it seems interesting. Thanks for the help. Additional questions are appreciated in case this doesn't work out.

8. Jan 2, 2008 #7

berkeman

BTW, my post may not have been real clear either. I meant that by reading those articles, you will see the kinds of questions that lead to the calculations and discoveries being discussed. Like, "Why does Brownian motion occur?" and "Why are electrons only ejected from a surface when the wavelength of light is shorter than some minimim value?"

9. Jan 2, 2008 #8
    I'm looking for a more specific type of question though. Like the trajectory of a basketball thrown out of a second story window and bouncing up a hill rather than trajectories since I will have to conduct an experiment. I've been trying to come up with something for weeks but finding questions is often much harder than finding the answers for me. haha. So if anyone is already looking for an answer (hence they have visited the forum) then they can present me with a question. I am trying to search through the posts to find something which can be experimented on and requires a lengthy response, however this is proving difficult so I have created this thread to get help in isolating appropriate questions. Thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?