Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need an advice

1. Feb 8, 2010 #1
    Hi,

If i want to build a device that is able to cut or stop the signal of the mobile just of 5-10 meters

is it possible? , and if it is what is the circuit, and what is the materials that i need???

And this is not a Homework,,i am sorry for my mistake before.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2010 #2

DavidSnider

Gold Member

Cell Phone jammers are illegal in most of the world. Is this what you are essentially trying to build?

4. Feb 8, 2010 #3

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2017 Award

Chicken wire all around the room?
    Are you a teacher, trying to stop cheating in exams, by any chance?

5. Feb 8, 2010 #4
    yea cell phone jammers, and there is no rule talk about them in my country so it is allowed

no i am not a teacher but i would love to know and help my teacher about that, like a last year project

6. Feb 8, 2010 #5

sophiecentaur

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2017 Award

Cell phones use a number of different frequencies. It could be a better idea to detect that a phone is being used; they all make that burbling noise when near amplifiers etc., so you could lay wires all around the room.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2010
  7. Feb 10, 2010 #6
    I know , but i prefer to build an device

8. Feb 10, 2010 #7

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Since it is illegal to jam radio transmissions in most parts of the world, this thread is now closed.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook