Build a Signal-Cutting Device: Advice Needed

• Thread starter Aksand
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of building a device that can cut or stop the signal of mobile phones within a range of 5-10 meters. The legality of such a device is questioned, with the suggestion of using chicken wire or detecting phone usage instead. The conversation ends with the acknowledgement that it is illegal to jam radio transmissions in most parts of the world.
Aksand
Hi,

If i want to build a device that is able to cut or stop the signal of the mobile just of 5-10 meters

is it possible? , and if it is what is the circuit, and what is the materials that i need?

And this is not a Homework,,i am sorry for my mistake before.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Cell Phone jammers are illegal in most of the world. Is this what you are essentially trying to build?

Chicken wire all around the room?
Are you a teacher, trying to stop cheating in exams, by any chance?

yea cell phone jammers, and there is no rule talk about them in my country so it is allowed

no i am not a teacher but i would love to know and help my teacher about that, like a last year project

Cell phones use a number of different frequencies. It could be a better idea to detect that a phone is being used; they all make that burbling noise when near amplifiers etc., so you could lay wires all around the room.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know , but i prefer to build an device

Since it is illegal to jam radio transmissions in most parts of the world, this thread is now closed.

1. What is a signal-cutting device?

A signal-cutting device is a piece of technology that is designed to disrupt or block communication signals. This can include signals from cell phones, radios, and other wireless devices.

2. How does a signal-cutting device work?

Signal-cutting devices work by emitting radio frequency signals that interfere with the signals used by communication devices. This can be done through jamming, blocking, or disrupting the signals, depending on the specific device and its capabilities.

3. What are the potential uses for a signal-cutting device?

Signal-cutting devices can have both military and civilian applications. In the military, they can be used to disrupt enemy communications and prevent the detonation of remote-controlled explosive devices. In civilian settings, they can be used for security purposes, such as blocking signals in sensitive areas or preventing unauthorized use of cell phones.

4. Is it legal to build a signal-cutting device?

The legality of building a signal-cutting device varies by country and jurisdiction. In some places, it may be legal for certain government or military agencies to use these devices, but it may be illegal for civilians to possess or use them. It is important to research and understand the laws and regulations in your area before attempting to build a signal-cutting device.

5. Are there any safety considerations when building a signal-cutting device?

Yes, there are several safety considerations to keep in mind when building a signal-cutting device. These devices emit radio frequency signals which can interfere with other electronic devices and potentially cause harm to individuals with pacemakers or other medical implants. It is important to follow safety protocols and guidelines, and to use the device responsibly and ethically.