I to build maglev train model

In summary, the conversation revolves around a project to build a physical model of a maglev train and the request for help in the areas of mechanical structure, mathematical modeling, and simulation. The participants discuss the use of the root-locus-technique in the simulation and the preference for a German maglev system that uses attraction and repulsion. The conversation ends with a request for more information on the root-locus-technique.
M Asghar
I am working on a project of maglev train and want to build its physical model(as simple as it works) just to give an idea that this project is in working condition and also some mathematical modeling that will help me in my research paper
So please if anyone can help me in this project I will be very thankful

Especially if anyone can give me help in mechanical structure, mathematical modeling, simulation and if anyone can provide me thesis papers of well known doctors of the world

sameer

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sounds like fun! That's one thing that I've never thought of building, but I look forward to some brainstorming about it. To start with, welcome to PF. You've come to the right place.
I can't help with any math stuff, but if I can ever manage to get to my own computer I can sketch up some stuff and post it. To start with, I'd recommend making it as light as possible (balsa, aluminum, etc.) to minimize the amount of magnetic strength required. That would include using high strength:weight ratio permanent magnets if you can afford them.

M Asghar said:
I am working on a project of maglev train and want to build its physical model(as simple as it works) just to give an idea that this project is in working condition and also some mathematical modeling that will help me in my research paper
So please if anyone can help me in this project I will be very thankful
Especially if anyone can give me help in mechanical structure, mathematical modeling, simulation and if anyone can provide me thesis papers of well known doctors of the world
sameer

While being in college i have simulated (dynamics, stability, etc ...)a MagLev Train in Matlab using the root-locus-technique. I don't know if you know this ?

regards
marlon

thanks that you read my thread

now if you know about the simulation of this project then please let me know that how i can do it

M Asghar said:
thanks that you read my thread
now if you know about the simulation of this project then please let me know that how i can do it

yes but what technique are you using for the simulation ? What have you seen on this in class ?

maron

i am working on the type of germany maglev system means attraction from forward side and repulsion from back side(basically it's attractive system)
if you have worked on root-locus-technique then provide it to me

What is a maglev train model?

A maglev train model is a miniature version of a maglev train, which is a type of train that uses magnetic levitation to move without touching the tracks. It is a popular model among train enthusiasts and is often used for educational purposes.

How does a maglev train model work?

A maglev train model works by using the concept of magnetic levitation, where the train is suspended and propelled by magnetic fields. The model typically has magnets attached to its underside and a track with magnets embedded in it, creating a repelling force that allows the train to float and move along the track.

What materials are needed to build a maglev train model?

The materials needed to build a maglev train model include strong magnets, a track, a power source, and a lightweight train or train car. Additional materials such as a power switch, wires, and a base for the track can also be used for a more advanced model.

What are the benefits of building a maglev train model?

Building a maglev train model can provide a hands-on learning experience about the principles of magnetic levitation and train technology. It can also be a fun and engaging project for students or train enthusiasts. Additionally, building a maglev train model can improve fine motor skills and problem-solving abilities.

Are there any safety precautions to consider when building a maglev train model?

Yes, there are some safety precautions to consider when building a maglev train model. Strong magnets should be handled with care and kept away from electronic devices, pacemakers, and credit cards. It is also important to follow instructions carefully and supervise children when working with small parts. Additionally, the power source should be disconnected when not in use to prevent any accidental activation.