I need practice problems-Waves and Vibrations

In summary, the conversation is about a student seeking practice problems for their Waves and Vibrations course. They mention struggling with superposed vibrations and not having enough practice problems in their textbook, A.P. French. They also mention using REA's Physics problem solver, but it doesn't have any problems for this topic. They ask for any tips on understanding the material and someone suggests trying Boas' book Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences and Arfken and Weber's book Mathematical Methods for Physicists. The student is advised to check their university's library or order the books on Amazon.com.
EP
I need practice problems for Waves and vibrations course. Right now we are doing superposed vibtrations and I don't understand it. The book we have for the class is A.P. French and it has like maybe 10 problems in it and NO worked out solutions. I have REA's Physics problem solver but it doesn't have any in it. Also any study tips on how to get through this material would be great because right now I'm not getting it.

Physics news on Phys.org
anybody? help!

try Boas' book Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences.
As a complement, you could try Arfken and Weber's book, Mathematical Methods for Physicists. I know that Boas' book has examples, and problems w/ solutions in the back. Not sure about Arfken and Weber.

Search your university's library first. Failing that, you can order them on Amazon.com.

Thank you!

What are waves and vibrations?

Waves and vibrations are disturbances that travel through a medium, such as air or water, and carry energy from one place to another.

What are some examples of waves and vibrations?

Examples of waves and vibrations include sound waves, water waves, seismic waves, and electromagnetic waves (such as light).

How do waves and vibrations differ from each other?

While both waves and vibrations involve the transfer of energy, vibrations typically refer to repetitive back-and-forth motions of an object, while waves refer to the propagation of energy through a medium.

What factors affect the speed of a wave?

The speed of a wave depends on the properties of the medium it is traveling through, such as density and elasticity. It also depends on the wavelength and frequency of the wave.

How can I practice problems related to waves and vibrations?

There are several resources available online for practicing problems related to waves and vibrations, including textbooks, worksheets, and interactive simulations. Additionally, many educational websites offer practice quizzes and tests on this topic.