1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need some help with my linear equations homework

1. Nov 11, 2007 #1
    alright

can anyone tell me how to determine weather or not the equation represents a linear function?

and i have a few more questions to

please help me?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2007 #2

rl.bhat

Homework Helper

f(x) = ax + b represents linear function.

4. Nov 11, 2007 #3
    ok how dose that help me solve this problem

y=3x

i have to graph it and put it in a table can you help me?

5. Nov 11, 2007 #4
    Do the table first. Make one column x, and the other column y. Pick a few integers, centered around 0 (such as -3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3), and put them under x. Then, use your equation to find the corresponding y values.

Draw a set of axes, and label them x and y. Number them, with a scale that makes sense. Now, put each of the points you found in the table on the graph.

I'm being a little more generous than people here usually are, as you seem to be really new at this. However, you are usually expected to show some attempt at solving your own work.

6. Nov 11, 2007 #5
    alright thanks

i am new at this stuff and my teacher sucks at teaching me so this really helps me

thats all of the help i need

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?