1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need to interview a Computer Hardware Engineer for school project

1. Nov 23, 2009 #1

CJG

Hi. I'm new here, so sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Wasn't sure if I needed to post this in the Homework section, but this is basically something for an in-school project.

I need to interview a Computer Hardware Engineer for my Principles of Engineering class at my high school. If anyone here is a Computer Hardware Engineer, it would be much appreciated if you could answer some of my interview questions.

1. What influenced you to apply for this career?
    2. What is your approximate annual salary?
    3. Do you enjoy working in this career and why?
    4. What are some advantages and disadvantages of working in this field?
    5. What courses in high school are required/recommended to become a Computer Hardware Engineer? in college?
    6. Is there a demand in the work force for computer hardware engineers?
    7. What advice would you give to students who are interested in this career?
    8. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best; what would you rate this career?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, we no longer allow interview threads here on the PF. They can sometimes be used for identity info mining, so we stopped allowing them. Thread locked.

I'll PM you answers to some of the questions, though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook