Can Parking Meter Dudes Be Defeated? A Scientist's Tale of Victory

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lab
In summary: Nah, I don't think so. I think she's just a really tall woman.In summary, the lab went late, and the parking meter dude was there. I either had to pay the fine or battle him, so I fought and won.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
So this stupid lab went late and I had only put enough money in the parking meter to last me until the end of the lab. So half way through this quiz, I hear the clock tower go off to signify that its 12 noon. Lab was suppose to be over at 11:50. I'm like... damn it alllllllll. So after I finish, i walk back to my car and see the parking dude there! At that point I realized I was either going to have to pay my fine or battle to the death with this parking meter dude. So the battle ground was set, I approached my car certain that I was going to take a life this day. That's when I reached my car and the parking meter dude said "Oh is that your car?". Suspecting this was his way of determining how powerful I was, I responded "Yah". He then, in a rare moment of weakness, tells me "Oh its ok, give me that ticket, I'll take care of it". In order to finish him off, I fired a "thank you very much!" at him and thus, i vanquished my foe and didn't get a parking ticket!

Physics news on Phys.org
You're like, The Pengwuinator!

Who could give a ticket to a penguin.. seriously now...you'd have to be one cold-hearted parking Nazi..

he probably recognized you from the picture http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1284769.html . No one wants to ticket celebrities. :devil: :biggrin: :-p :approve: :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
You *totally* rule.

Its a honor just to stand in your shadow :approve:

hypatia said:
Its a honor just to stand in your shadow :approve:
It must be near sun-set if that pudgy little dude casts a long enough shadow for you to stand in. :-p

Danger said:
It must be near sun-set if that pudgy little dude casts a long enough shadow for you to stand in. :-p

Maybe hypatia is a midget... did you ever think of that?

If that were the case, she'd have to be standing behind a Dinky Toy car in that Nova picture.

Related to Can Parking Meter Dudes Be Defeated? A Scientist's Tale of Victory

1. How did you manage to get out of a ticket after lab?

As a scientist, I was able to use my analytical skills to gather evidence and present a logical explanation to the officer. I also emphasized the importance of my research and how being late would affect it.

2. Did you use any scientific knowledge to convince the officer?

Yes, I explained the concept of time dilation and how it applies to my research in the lab. I also provided evidence to support my claim that being late would disrupt my experiments and potentially skew the results.

3. Were you worried that the officer wouldn't understand your scientific explanation?

I was prepared for this possibility, so I made sure to simplify my explanation and use relatable examples to help the officer understand the importance of my work and the potential consequences of being late.

4. Did you have any evidence to back up your claim?

Yes, I had a letter from my supervisor explaining the urgency of my research and the strict timeline I had to follow. I also had data and charts to show the officer the progress of my experiments and how being late would impact them.

5. How can I use scientific reasoning to get out of a ticket in the future?

First, assess the situation and gather evidence to support your claim. Then, use logical reasoning and relatable examples to explain the importance of your work and the potential consequences of being late. It is also helpful to have documentation or a letter from a supervisor or colleague to support your explanation.