I think I murdered my microwave.

• Thread starter Newai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Microwave
In summary: That usually works when I drown my microwave. Another thing my friend taught me is that changing the fuse in a microwave is pretty easy (just slip off the casing) and they're dirt cheap.:rofl::rofl::rofl:In summary, the oven timer was turned on by mistake, and the microwave started cooking the pizza. The oven stopped working after running for 10 minutes, and the smell was bad.
Newai
I thought I set the kitchen timer on it for a pizza in my oven, but turns out I had actually turned on the microwave, cooking nothing. It's really hot. I think I might have to throw it in the snow. Ran for ten minutes. Now it won't turn on at all. And it smells bad.

Anything I should be worried about here?

This is almost as bad as when I was chipping the ice out of my fridge.

Physics news on Phys.org
Newai said:
I thought I set the kitchen timer on it for a pizza in my oven, but turns out I had actually turned on the microwave, cooking nothing. It's really hot. I think I might have to throw it in the snow. Ran for ten minutes. Now it won't turn on at all. And it smells bad.

Anything I should be worried about here?

This is almost as bad as when I was chipping the ice out of my fridge.
Rut Ro.

Strange. That's what my microwave sounded like just before it went all dark.

Oh noes!

So...did your pizza burn?

OH, the pizza!

Newai said:
OH, the pizza!

(Rut ro)2

Newai said:
OH, the pizza!
Oh the humanity!

I'll bet it looks like coral.

Evo said:
I'll bet it looks like coral.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Phew. Pizza lived. It was close, but it's okay.

Now I'm going to kill it!

Newai said:
Phew. Pizza lived. It was close, but it's okay.

Now I'm going to kill it!
Was your microwave a countertop model?

Yes. I plugged it in a few minutes ago and it turned on. So it might be alright. I'm going to leave it unplugged for a day to cool down.

Newai said:
Yes. I plugged it in a few minutes ago and it turned on. So it might be alright. I'm going to leave it unplugged for a day to cool down.
Oh good! I hope it will be ok.

Thanks for your concern, everyone. Maybe I'll post regular updates in a blog here. Big news, big news.

Sounds to me like you haven't proven anything useful. I think you need to rerun the test at 20 minutes...

russ_watters said:
Sounds to me like you haven't proven anything useful. I think you need to rerun the test at 20 minutes...
:rofl:

I'll have to wait until I add a control, but there might be bias.

Newai said:
:rofl:

I'll have to wait until I add a control, but there might be bias.

http://www.theonion.com/video/study-multiple-stab-wounds-may-be-harmful-to-monke,14150/

Newai said:

That usually works when I drown my microwave. Another thing my friend taught me is that changing the fuse in a microwave is pretty easy (just slip off the casing) and they're dirt cheap.

1. Did you really murder your microwave?

No, it is not possible for a human to physically murder an electronic appliance. It is likely that the microwave is malfunctioning due to a technical issue or user error.

2. How can you tell if you actually killed your microwave?

If the microwave is no longer functioning properly, such as not heating food or making unusual noises, it is a sign that something is wrong. However, this does not necessarily mean that the microwave is "dead". It may still be repairable.

3. What could have caused the microwave to stop working?

There are a variety of reasons why a microwave may stop working, such as a blown fuse, faulty wiring, or a malfunctioning component. It is important to consult a professional technician for an accurate diagnosis.

4. Can a microwave be fixed after it has been "murdered"?

It depends on the extent of the damage and the cost of repairs. If the damage is minor, it may be possible to fix the microwave. However, if the damage is extensive, it may be more cost-effective to replace the microwave instead.

5. How can I prevent this from happening again?

To prevent a microwave from malfunctioning, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and avoid using it for purposes it is not designed for. It is also important to regularly clean and maintain the microwave to prevent any build-up or damage.