I want code (program) to solve Gaussian Elemination by C++

In summary, the conversation is about someone requesting help with a C++ program for Gaussian Elimination. They are asked for more specific details about the coefficients, size of equations, and properties of the left hand side matrix. The person providing help directs them to a resource to start from and the requester provides more details about the coefficients and size. The conversation ends with a thank you.
Hussein Abd
Hi,

can anyone help me ?

I want code (program) to solve Gaussian Elemination by C++ .

Please Help me and I will really appreciate your time and effort in
helping me in my assignment.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you need to define better what you actually want.

What sort of coefficients - real or complex?

What size of equations - 10x10 or 10,000,000 x 10,000,000?

Any special properties of the left hand side matrix - general? symmetric? banded? positive definite? Hermitian? tridiagonal? etc etc... there are different (efficient) algorithms for all of them.

Start here: http://math.nist.gov/lapack++/

Last edited:
The sort of coefficients is real number and the size is n by n ( general method ) n*n .

thank you ever so much

1. How does Gaussian Elimination work?

Gaussian Elimination is a method used to solve systems of linear equations. It involves using a series of row operations to reduce the system to an equivalent system that is easier to solve. These row operations include adding multiples of one row to another, multiplying a row by a constant, and swapping the positions of two rows.

2. Why is Gaussian Elimination important?

Gaussian Elimination is an important tool in mathematics, engineering, and science. It allows us to solve systems of equations efficiently and accurately, which is crucial in many real-world applications. It is also the basis for many other mathematical methods and algorithms.

3. What are the advantages of using C++ for Gaussian Elimination?

C++ is a powerful and efficient programming language that allows for complex computations and algorithms like Gaussian Elimination to be implemented quickly and accurately. It also has a wide range of libraries and functions that can aid in the coding and optimization of the program.

4. How can I implement Gaussian Elimination in C++?

To implement Gaussian Elimination in C++, you will need to have a basic understanding of the language and its syntax. You can then write a program that takes in the coefficients of the linear equations and performs the necessary row operations until the system is reduced to its solution.

5. Are there any limitations to using Gaussian Elimination in C++?

While C++ is a powerful language, there are some limitations to using it for Gaussian Elimination. One limitation is the potential for round-off errors when dealing with large or small numbers. Additionally, the program can become complex and difficult to debug if the equations are not well-structured.