1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I would like to work on an in-depth physics project

1. Jul 15, 2013 #1
    Hi! I'm new here. I would like to know if I could get ideas regarding in depth physics project. I have a couple of ideas for topics, but I am not sure what to do regards them. My topics are: Tesla Coils, Superconductors, and CO2 scrubbing. For the CO2 scrubbing project, I am trying to find a regenerative scrubber I can use. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2013 #2
  4. Jul 19, 2013 #3
    I know Grignard reagents (RMgX) react with CO2 to form carboxylates. I'm not sure if this is an economically feasible CO2 scrubbing solution though.
    You could set up an experiment to bring a gaseous solution containing a known amount of CO2 through an impinger containing a grignard reagent dissolved in dry ether, then find a way to measure the CO2 leaving the impinger to see how efficient the process is.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook