I would like to work on an in-depth physics project

In summary, a new member is seeking ideas for a physics project and has a few topics in mind including Tesla Coils, Superconductors, and CO2 scrubbing. They are specifically looking for a regenerative scrubber for their CO2 scrubbing project. A helpful resource for Tesla Coil projects is suggested, and the possibility of using Grignard reagents for CO2 scrubbing is mentioned. An experiment involving a gaseous solution and a grignard reagent is proposed as a way to measure the efficiency of the process.
yubiqutous
Hi! I'm new here. I would like to know if I could get ideas regarding in depth physics project. I have a couple of ideas for topics, but I am not sure what to do regards them. My topics are: Tesla Coils, Superconductors, and CO2 scrubbing. For the CO2 scrubbing project, I am trying to find a regenerative scrubber I can use. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I know Grignard reagents (RMgX) react with CO2 to form carboxylates. I'm not sure if this is an economically feasible CO2 scrubbing solution though.
You could set up an experiment to bring a gaseous solution containing a known amount of CO2 through an impinger containing a grignard reagent dissolved in dry ether, then find a way to measure the CO2 leaving the impinger to see how efficient the process is.

1. What is an in-depth physics project?

An in-depth physics project refers to a research project that requires a thorough understanding of physics principles and theories. It typically involves conducting experiments, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions based on the results.

2. How do I choose a topic for my in-depth physics project?

When choosing a topic for your project, consider your interests and strengths in physics. You can also consult with your mentor or supervisor for suggestions and ideas. It is important to choose a topic that is feasible and relevant to your field of study.

3. What are the steps involved in working on an in-depth physics project?

The steps involved in working on an in-depth physics project may vary depending on the specific topic and scope of the project. However, some common steps include conducting background research, designing and conducting experiments, analyzing data, and presenting findings.

4. What skills are needed to successfully work on an in-depth physics project?

To successfully work on an in-depth physics project, you will need a strong foundation in physics concepts, critical thinking skills, and the ability to analyze and interpret data. You may also need technical skills such as programming, data analysis software, and laboratory techniques.

5. How can I ensure the success of my in-depth physics project?

To ensure the success of your in-depth physics project, it is important to stay organized, communicate effectively with your mentor or supervisor, and manage your time effectively. Additionally, having a clear research question and following the scientific method can help guide your project towards success.