If a person breathes thirty time in a minute what is ?

• Thread starter graphicer89
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, the conversation discusses finding the period and frequency of a person's breaths if they breathe thirty times in one minute. The equations used are frequency = 1/period and period = 1/frequency. The important things to remember are the units of frequency and period, and the definition of Hertz as cycles per second. It is a basic conversion and should not be overcomplicated.
graphicer89
If a person breathes thirty time in a minute what is...?

Homework Statement

If a person breathes thirty time in a minute what is the period in seconds and the frequency in hertz of her breaths? Show your calculations...

Frequency Calculations:

Period Calculations:

Homework Equations

Frequency = 1 / period

Period = 1 / frequency

The Attempt at a Solution

This is where I am stuck...what information can i be given or any helpful tips to know where to plug in the information...please help me out ..i would really appreciate something that guide me ...

Physics news on Phys.org

Think about what the period is, what it means. This is probably easier than you think.

graphicer89 said:

Homework Statement

If a person breathes thirty time in a minute what is the period in seconds and the frequency in hertz of her breaths? Show your calculations...

Frequency Calculations:

Period Calculations:

Homework Equations

Frequency = 1 / period

Period = 1 / frequency

The Attempt at a Solution

This is where I am stuck...what information can i be given or any helpful tips to know where to plug in the information...please help me out ..i would really appreciate something that guide me ...

What are the units of frequency? What are the units of period? That should help...

if u wana find the frequency, which is the number of cycles per second, find out how many breaths u take in 1 sec and put it in2 the formula, it is basic conversion that's all, it is easier that you think, just stop thinking "complicated", think basic :) hope this helps :)

A tiny important thing to remember is what Hertz are.
[tex]1 Hz \equiv \frac {1}{second}[/tex]

1. What happens if a person breathes thirty times in a minute?

When a person breathes thirty times in a minute, their breathing rate is considered to be abnormally high. This condition is known as tachypnea and can be a sign of an underlying medical issue such as an infection, heart or lung disease, or anxiety.

2. Is it normal for a person to breathe thirty times in a minute?

No, a normal breathing rate for an adult is 12-20 breaths per minute. Breathing thirty times in a minute is considered to be above the normal range and can be a cause for concern.

3. What are the symptoms of breathing thirty times in a minute?

The symptoms of breathing thirty times in a minute may include shortness of breath, dizziness, chest pain, and fatigue. It may also be accompanied by other symptoms depending on the underlying cause.

4. How can I measure my breathing rate?

You can measure your breathing rate by counting the number of breaths you take in one minute. You can also use a device called a spirometer, which measures the amount of air you inhale and exhale.

5. What should I do if I am breathing thirty times in a minute?

If you are breathing thirty times in a minute and experiencing symptoms, it is important to seek medical attention. Your doctor can help determine the underlying cause and provide appropriate treatment. It is also important to practice relaxation techniques and deep breathing exercises to help control your breathing rate.