If a person breathes thirty time in a minute what is ?

If a person breathes thirty time in a minute what is....?

Homework Statement

If a person breathes thirty time in a minute what is the period in seconds and the frequency in hertz of her breaths? Show your calculations....

Frequency Calculations:

Period Calculations:

Homework Equations

Frequency = 1 / period

Period = 1 / frequency

The Attempt at a Solution

This is where im stuck.....what information can i be given or any helpful tips to know where to plug in the information....please help me out ..i would really appreciate something that guide me ...

Answers and Replies

Think about what the period is, what it means. This is probably easier than you think.

berkeman
Mentor

Homework Statement

If a person breathes thirty time in a minute what is the period in seconds and the frequency in hertz of her breaths? Show your calculations....

Frequency Calculations:

Period Calculations:

Homework Equations

Frequency = 1 / period

Period = 1 / frequency

The Attempt at a Solution

This is where im stuck.....what information can i be given or any helpful tips to know where to plug in the information....please help me out ..i would really appreciate something that guide me ...

What are the units of frequency? What are the units of period? That should help...

if u wana find the frequency, which is the number of cycles per second, find out how many breaths u take in 1 sec and put it in2 the formula, it is basic conversion thats all, it is easier that you think, just stop thinking "complicated", think basic :) hope this helps :)

A tiny important thing to remember is what Hertz are.
[tex]1 Hz \equiv \frac {1}{second}[/tex]