If you were a terrorist without a conscience

• News
  • Thread starter jammieg
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the hypothetical scenario of a terrorist without a conscience aiming to cause destruction in America. The conversation also touches on the issue of the US government's actions and involvement in various global conflicts. The potential targets and weapons that could be used in such an attack are also discussed. The conversation concludes with a brief mention of the importance of having tsunami warning systems in place.
jammieg
If you were a terrorist without a conscience and with the warped sense of reality in which the more people you kill and terror you inspire the more points you get what target would you pick in America and why? What weapons would you use? It would have been nice if everyone spent that aid money on basic tsunami alert systems world wide, if anyone on the beach had a radio even that could be a cheap but effective way to alert everyone, I don't know maybe the technology for it isn't there, still it would have been nice to have a bit of warning instead of just hoping for the best.

Physics news on Phys.org
Dear jammieg

I understand your point... It is duty of every decent human to fight terrorism and extremism ... everywhere (11/9, Oklahoma, Rwanda, Indonesia, Bosnia, Kashmir, Palestine, Iraq ...). Human life is the same whether in USA or in Africa...

but also you can ask the American government the same question.

I think we agree about how it is evil to kill innocent people (terrorism) but I will be glad if you accept the other views:

The war on Iraq coasted USA 200 Billion Dollars (within 18 months of occupation) ... 2% of this money could save millions of people around the world from disasters and starvations. USA invaded Iraq based on lies and murdered till now 100000 civilian - and the death and destruction continue ..

- USA government who supported Saddam and OBL in 80s and called them as great alliance...

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/

-USA supporting the Zionist crimes and ethic cleansing against my nation since 50 years and calling Sharon man of peace (Sharon murdered ten thousands of Palestinian civilians in cold blood).

Bush: Sharon A 'Man Of Peace'
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A12206-2002Apr18?language=printer

Crimes of Sharon:
http://www.counterpunch.org/sharon.html

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2001/06/23/isrlpa97.htm

- USA who supporting more than 50 bloody dictators against the will of their nations (Shah of Iran , Suhartu of Indonesia , Saddam ..).

Last edited by a moderator:
Bilal said:
I understand your point... but also you can ask the American government the same question.

I think we agree about how it is evil to kill innocent people (terrorism) but I will be glad if you accept the other views:

The war on Iraq coasted USA 200 Billion Dollars (within 18 months of occupation) ... 2% of this money could save millions of people around the world from disasters and starvations

"If I were the president, I could stop terrorist attacks against the United States in a few days. Permanently. I would first apologize -- very publicly and very sincerely -- to all the widows and orphans, the tortured and impoverished, and all the many millions of other victims of American imperialism. Then I would announce that America's global interventions have come to an end and inform Israel that it is no longer the 51st state of the union but -– oddly enough -– a foreign country. I would then reduce the military budget by at least 90% and use the savings to pay reparations to our victims and repair the damage from our bombings. There would be enough money. Do you know what one year's military budget is equal to? One year. It's equal to more than $20,000 per hour for every hour since Jesus Christ was born.

That's what I'd do on my first three days in the White House. On the fourth day, I'd be assassinated."
- bill blum, http://members.aol.com/bblum6/speech.htm

the US has done far worse things than any terrorist ever has, or ever could. the US does have all the resources of a state after all...

Last edited by a moderator:
jammieg said:
If you were a terrorist without a conscience and with the warped sense of reality in which the more people you kill and terror you inspire the more points you get what target would you pick in America and why? What weapons would you use?
A nuclear bomb remains the ultimate terrorist weapon. Is it realistic? I dunno. A close second would be the airplanes hitting the WTC(though it would be difficult to pull-off today) - and we're lucky they didn't hit it 50 floors further down.

Real biological weapons probably are not within the realm of possibility - the worst-case I can think of is smallpox, but its extremely difficult to spread.
It would have been nice if everyone spent that aid money on basic tsunami alert systems world wide, if anyone on the beach had a radio even that could be a cheap but effective way to alert everyone, I don't know maybe the technology for it isn't there, still it would have been nice to have a bit of warning instead of just hoping for the best.
I'm not sure what that has to do with the first part, but tsunami warning systems are in place in most at-risk developed areas. It requires only a communications link to several seismograph stations and a little bit of government services co-ordination.

fourier jr, that quote is horribly, horribly naive. And both of you should be ashamed of yourselves for attempting to hijack the thread.

well ok then, getting back to the original topic, i'd get some fissile material from belarus, kyrgystan, uzbekistan (or wherever), put find a couple undergraduate engineering students (or read up on the pertinent physics/engineering myself), land at any random point on the US coast & hole up in a NYC hotel room to assemble an a-bomb. it wouldn't be very hard to do any of that, including finding enriched uranium, since it isn't strictly under lock & key in the former soviet countries. the definitive study on a covert attack like that is http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?sid=F14DD2E2-3963-48F1-9A46-B70A62ED7615&ttype=2&tid=5271 by Richard Falkenrath, Robert Newman & Bradley Thayer. read it for some sleepless nights :smile:

jammieg said:
If you were a terrorist without a conscience and with the warped sense of reality in which the more people you kill and terror you inspire the more points you get what target would you pick in America and why? What weapons would you use?
The number of people you kill and the amount of terror you inspire aren't directly correlated. For instance, how many people are afraid to ride in cars and how many people are afraid to fly? The worst effect of terrorism is a lack of confidence in something vital to everyday life. Of course, something along the lines of the Tylenol poisonings back in the early eighties would be almost impossible to do on a wide spectrum of products over a wide geographical region - especially since it's been done once, already (which is why consumable products have so many safety seals to make tampering obvious).

jammieg said:
It would have been nice if everyone spent that aid money on basic tsunami alert systems world wide, if anyone on the beach had a radio even that could be a cheap but effective way to alert everyone, I don't know maybe the technology for it isn't there, still it would have been nice to have a bit of warning instead of just hoping for the best.
There are methods of alerting folks of a strong probability of tsunamis, at least in the Pacific region where the risk is considered greatest. The problem is that it's difficult to predict exactly which events will create tsunamis and which won't - which means false alarms that create disruptions in themselves. Once again, perception means a lot. Do you think anyone would have accepted the current airport screening procedures prior to 9/11?

In general, people have no concept of probabilities. Something isn't considered to have a realistic probability until it actually occurs. Then, once it has occurred, people over inflate the probability that it might occur again. Something that's reported on national television news is also perceived to be much more likely to occur than something that's only mentioned on the fourth or fifth page of the local news section, if at all - in spite of the fact that something that is a common occurrence doesn't make much of a news story.

It's interesting to hear another side of the story though.
I had a very bad lucid dream today about dead elementary school kids, I mean it was lucid except until the kids part and some ominous music overshadowing the scene- way too much information...it got me thinking about if I were a terrorist that's what I would attack, it gives me a sick feeling in my stomach just thinking about it...I mean not like 911 adults are different.
Anyway there doesn't seem to be any prevention there and it could cost more for there not to be than wait around for something to happen, anyway it's 2005 there ought to be cameras monitoring all kinds of vulnerable areas like that not just for terrorism.
What do these people have in common I wonder: Hitler, Osama, Jesus, Manson...but one seems slightly different than than the rest...when you get it you'll get it.
I'll bet there are just as many "extremist" christians as "extremist" islamics, whatever that word means anyway, but under the right kind of leadership a few of either of them could be manipulated to jump off a cliff.

Terrorists are perfectly conscients of their acts.

If I wanted to terrorize America, I would take over every single media outlet in the country and turn it into FOX.

jammieg said:
If you were a terrorist without a conscience and with the warped sense of reality in which the more people you kill and terror you inspire the more points you get what target would you pick in America and why?

I would simply do nothing and wait :tongue2:

It'd be too easy, all it takes for evil to win is for the good man to do nothing.

Create a pc virus to destroy all pc s in US. Cut all the wires coming from the power stations all over US. If u remember, last year, i think, when there was a power failure in Big Apple people had to sleep on the streets. LOL

Notice how long it took to bring many areas back online after the powercrash in the middle west and east coast last year. A well planned minimal spanning tree approach to sabotage could make this much worse. Pick a week when a major winter cold snap covers the area and you could kill tens of thousands.

I think terrorists got what they wanted when Bush attacked a muslim country on phoney reasons. It got thousands of teenagers around the world hating the U.S.
Instead of U.S. vs. terrorists, Bush is making this a regilion war, a muslim vs. U.S. war.
I've been in a war and the idea that the other side doesn't have a conscience is propaganda, spin. We are all humans fighting other humans.
Nevagil of surrealcity.com

Smurf said:
If I wanted to terrorize America, I would take over every single media outlet in the country and turn it into FOX.

That won't work because the majority of Americans already watch FOX. All that would do is make the Liberals mad...hmmmm, I like it!

Good point Nevagil, maybe I should explain that "without a conscience" to mean a person with so few moral guidelines and beliefs so strongly grounded that the ends justify the means as to be able to commit to killing women, children, or any other innoncent bystanders to achieve the objectives they want to win a war, I do agree that they have a conscience but that they've learned and been "taught" how to manipulate their morals in such a way that base instincts and motives are free to rule the mind such that they are much more likely to see a solution that involves killing lots of people before they are to see a solution that involves helping lots of people, if they are of a hateful nature that is, it also helps to pretend that you are guided by some highier power and can do no wrong, you are destined, to be a good "soldier" or "terrorist".

We could brainwash all the africans in america to fight with the whites for all the slavery in previous years.
Cut the power supply in the middle of winter.
Hack into penatogon, nasa, US satellits.
Create a satellite that can transmit microwaves and send it to space. Let it destroy all the US satellites. The satellites can send microwaves to US cities.
Like the book "Second Lady" by Irving Wallace, create a clone of Bush or his wife. Make him apologise for all the crimes that US had done.
Use the BrahMos missile and destroy many places in USA.
Fund the Iraqi resitance.
Create disturbance in Afghan.
Start a new TV channel to show the crimes of US and photos of those killed by it. All the pollution it causes.
Motivate the Iraqi civilians to file a multi trillion suit against US for fighting an unprovoked baseless war.
Motivate a poor rurual country to file a multi trillion suit agaainst US for discovering nuke bomb, causing global warming, etc.
Hacking into US satellites and make them send pics of dead iraqis
And so much more...

No mind numbing TV for Americans = major riots on the streets.
I like the idea of selfAdjoint in strategically destroying electric grid towers or power stations esspecially in winter.

selfAdjoint said:
Notice how long it took to bring many areas back online after the powercrash in the middle west and east coast last year. A well planned minimal spanning tree approach to sabotage could make this much worse. Pick a week when a major winter cold snap covers the area and you could kill tens of thousands.
But that could kill many Canadians as well :frown:

Who cares,they are waste of oxygen anyway.

jammieg said:
Maybe I should explain that "without a conscience" to mean a person with so few moral guidelines and beliefs so strongly grounded that the ends justify the means as to be able to commit to killing women, children, or any other innoncent bystanders to achieve the objectives they want to win a war

Now who fits the picture here ? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Personnally i would attack several major sporting events. I don't know what places to attack in the US, but in the UK i would plant many large bombs in several football stadiums around the country all of the Big teams that attract 30,000 plus people, and 1 of those games would have to be on TV. Not neccessarily to kill as many as possible but to spread terror to everybody there and everybody watching on TV.

I would fire laser pointers at airplanes.

I would destroy Statue of "Liberty".

o:) I will destroy every soft and hard copy of the Bible so that people will be totally lost and start thinking for themselves :tongue2: .

jammieg said:
Good point Nevagil, maybe I should explain that "without a conscience" to mean a person with so few moral guidelines and beliefs so strongly grounded that the ends justify the means as to be able to commit to killing women, children, or any other innoncent bystanders to achieve the objectives they want to win a war, I do agree that they have a conscience but that they've learned and been "taught" how to manipulate their morals in such a way that base instincts and motives are free to rule the mind such that they are much more likely to see a solution that involves killing lots of people before they are to see a solution that involves helping lots of people, if they are of a hateful nature that is, it also helps to pretend that you are guided by some highier power and can do no wrong, you are destined, to be a good "soldier" or "terrorist".
Look, instead of attempting to make them out to be ethically weak and inferior to you, why don't you just say "The other side" and save us a few pages.

Polly said:
o:) I will destroy every soft and hard copy of the Bible so that people will be totally lost and start thinking for themselves :tongue2: .
No Polly, that would be a good thing, remember, these people have been propogandized from birth to hate freedom and all that is good and pure in the world.

American society does not need any "Terrorists" to collapse,it will do that on its own.It is starting to collapse as we are speaking.

1. What does it mean to be a terrorist without a conscience?

A terrorist without a conscience is someone who is willing to commit violent and destructive acts in the name of a cause or ideology without feeling any guilt or remorse.

2. Can someone be born a terrorist without a conscience?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that someone is born with a predisposition to become a terrorist without a conscience. Usually, this type of behavior is influenced by environmental and social factors.

3. How does a lack of conscience affect a terrorist's actions?

Without a conscience, a terrorist is more likely to engage in extreme and violent acts without considering the consequences or impact on others. This can lead to more destructive and harmful actions.

4. Is it possible for a terrorist without a conscience to be rehabilitated?

While it is difficult, it is not impossible for a terrorist without a conscience to be rehabilitated. It would require intensive therapy and intervention to address the underlying causes of their behavior and to instill a sense of empathy and morality.

5. How can we prevent individuals from becoming terrorists without a conscience?

Preventing someone from becoming a terrorist without a conscience would require addressing the root causes of radicalization, such as social and economic inequality, and promoting tolerance and understanding among different groups. Early intervention and education can also play a crucial role in preventing extremist ideologies from taking hold.