I'm kind of confused about my posting number

• Thread starter Stevedye56
  • Start date
In summary, a posting number is a unique identifier assigned to each post on a forum or message board, usually determined by the date and time of the post. Confusion about posting numbers may arise due to different systems or glitches, but they cannot be changed unless there was an error. The posting number may not be important itself, but it helps with the organization and referencing of posts in discussions.
Stevedye56
Im kind of confused right now...My posts has been stalled at 207 for a while.

Whats going on? :confused: :cry:

What the heck it just went to 208, this is wierd

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Posts in General Disscussion are not counted.

Oh ok that certainly explains it. Thanks.

1. What is a posting number?

A posting number is a unique identifier assigned to each post made on a forum or message board. It helps to keep track of the order in which posts were made and allows for easy referencing.

2. How is the posting number determined?

The posting number is usually determined by the date and time at which the post was made. The post with the earliest date and time will have the lowest posting number, while the post with the latest date and time will have the highest posting number.

3. Why am I confused about my posting number?

There could be a few reasons for confusion about a posting number. It could be because the forum or message board has a different system for assigning posting numbers, or it could be because there was a glitch in the system and the posting numbers are not in sequential order.

4. Can my posting number be changed?

In most cases, no, your posting number cannot be changed. It is a unique identifier that helps to keep track of the chronological order of posts. However, if there was an error or glitch in the system, the forum or message board administrators may be able to manually change your posting number.

5. Is the posting number important?

The posting number itself may not be important, but the order in which posts are displayed can be important in certain discussions or threads. It helps to keep track of the flow of the conversation and allows for easy referencing of previous posts.