In my experiment on transformers, the data showed

• Thread starter Chezz42
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

So I did an experiment a this week on the relationship between two tightly wrapped coils with same length and number of coils in a transformer. This was in a compete circuit using AC currents. I measured the Voltage, keeping the currents the same. One experiment had an iron core between the two coils and I varied the distance between the two coils and got a linear relationship. When I used an air core, the relationship between distance and voltage became and inverse function. I don't understand why.

Answers and Replies

BvU
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2019 Award
Hello Chezz, and :welcome:

Aren't your notes or textbook supposed to help you in this ? No background amterial anywherer in sight ? This experiment does have a context, though, I suppose ?

Well, I did this experiment on my own and was wondering about how wireless charging works. I think i figured out myself, but thanks for dropping by to help.

BvU
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2019 Award
Kudos for this initiative to find out ! I think you're on the right track. Closeness of sender and receiver and high frequencies are key in wireless charging I think, but I'm no expert. Let's ask @CWatters :smile: !