Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

In my experiment on transformers, the data showed

1. Apr 24, 2016 #1
    So I did an experiment a this week on the relationship between two tightly wrapped coils with same length and number of coils in a transformer. This was in a compete circuit using AC currents. I measured the Voltage, keeping the currents the same. One experiment had an iron core between the two coils and I varied the distance between the two coils and got a linear relationship. When I used an air core, the relationship between distance and voltage became and inverse function. I don't understand why.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2016 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hello Chezz, and :welcome:

Aren't your notes or textbook supposed to help you in this ? No background amterial anywherer in sight ? This experiment does have a context, though, I suppose ?

4. Apr 24, 2016 #3
    Well, I did this experiment on my own and was wondering about how wireless charging works. I think i figured out myself, but thanks for dropping by to help.

5. Apr 24, 2016 #4

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Kudos for this initiative to find out ! I think you're on the right track. Closeness of sender and receiver and high frequencies are key in wireless charging I think, but I'm no expert. Let's ask @CWatters :smile: !

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted