Infrared emission of Lithium Nitrite (LiNO2)

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for the infrared emission spectrum of Lithium Nitrite, but having difficulty finding it online. The other person suggests that since similar spectra for Lithium Nitrates can be found, perhaps the same can be observed for Nitrites. They provide a link to a research paper that may be helpful.
Adrian Tudini
TL;DR Summary
Trying to find the infrared emission spectrum of Lithium Nitrite
Hi

i am trying to find the infrared emission spectrum of Lithium Nitrite on the web but having no luck.

Has the spectrum been measured?

If so, can I be redirected to the resource?

This for general interest and a personal project.

Thanks.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I also did a quick search, but you are right. I while I do find reports for Lithium Nitrates (LiNO3), I can't find spectrum for Lithium Nitrite (LiNO2).

I would assume that the emission is coming from the vibration levels of the Nitrates. So I would speculate that similar thing would be observed for Nitrites. Perhaps, you might get some idea from IR(absorption)spectrum.

Hi

thanks for that.

i found this:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/237853608_Infrared_and_Raman_Spectroscopic_Studies_of_Solid_Alkali_Metal_Nitrites

Hi

its by the same authors!

thanks.

1. What is the chemical formula for Lithium Nitrite?

The chemical formula for Lithium Nitrite is LiNO2.

2. What is the structure of Lithium Nitrite?

Lithium Nitrite has a trigonal planar molecular structure, with the Lithium atom at the center and the Nitrogen and Oxygen atoms bonded to it.

3. How does Lithium Nitrite emit infrared radiation?

Lithium Nitrite emits infrared radiation through its vibrational modes. When the molecule absorbs energy, its bonds vibrate and emit infrared radiation as they return to their original state.

4. What are the potential applications of Infrared emission of Lithium Nitrite?

The infrared emission of Lithium Nitrite can be used in various applications such as infrared spectroscopy, thermal imaging, and as a source of infrared radiation in electronic devices.

5. Is Lithium Nitrite safe for human use?

Lithium Nitrite is a toxic compound and should be handled with caution. Inhaling or ingesting it can cause irritation to the respiratory system and digestive tract. It should only be used by trained professionals in a controlled environment.