Installing Ansys on Windows 32-bit

• Thread starter AIT BAKADER Mariem
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ansys
In summary, the user is looking to install ANSYS on a 32-bit Windows system but is having trouble finding the download links. They have checked the ANSYS website and found that only the 64-bit version is available for free student licenses. They suggest contacting ANSYS directly to inquire about older 32-bit versions under the student license.
AIT BAKADER Mariem
I want to install ansys on windows 32 bit i cann't find links to download

Computer science news on Phys.org
AIT BAKADER Mariem said:
Welcome to the PF.

What company makes the ANSYS software package? I"m sure there is a place on their website where you can purchase whatever version is best for you and download it.

AIT BAKADER Mariem said:
As far as I know, their free student licences are only available for the 64 bit version of Windows.
http://www.ansys.com/products/academic/ansys-student

At the bottom of the page, there's a contact us link. I suggest you email/call them and specifically ask if they have any of their older 32 bit software still available under the same 1 year student licence.

Likes AIT BAKADER Mariem
Yes they have their own site but it's just for 64 bits :\

AIT BAKADER Mariem said:
Yes they have their own site but it's just for 64 bits :\
Hmm. Maybe try giving them a call or pinging their customer support / sales folks to ask?

Related to Installing Ansys on Windows 32-bit

1. How do I download Ansys for Windows 32-bit?

To download Ansys for Windows 32-bit, first go to the Ansys website and create an account. Then, go to the "Downloads" section and select the appropriate version for your operating system. Follow the prompts to complete the download.

2. Can Ansys be installed on any Windows 32-bit computer?

No, Ansys requires a computer with a 32-bit processor and a minimum of 2GB of RAM. Make sure your computer meets these requirements before attempting to install Ansys.

3. Is there a cost to install Ansys on Windows 32-bit?

Yes, there is a cost associated with purchasing Ansys software. However, students and educators may be eligible for a discounted or free license. Check with your institution or contact Ansys directly for more information.

4. Do I need any special software or plugins to install Ansys on Windows 32-bit?

No, Ansys can be installed on a Windows 32-bit computer without any additional software or plugins. However, it is recommended to have a reliable internet connection for the download and installation process.

5. Are there any specific system requirements for Ansys on Windows 32-bit?

Aside from the 32-bit processor and 2GB of RAM, Ansys also requires a minimum of 1GB of free disk space and a graphics card with at least 512MB of video memory. It is also recommended to have a higher processor speed and more RAM for better performance.