Integral (d/dx)∫from(x^(1/2)) to x^2 of tan(9t) dt

  • Thread starter Thread starter vysero
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Integral
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
vysero
Messages
134
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


(d/dx)∫from(x^(1/2)) to x^2 of tan(9t) dt



Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



2x((tan(9x^2))-(tan(x^(1/2)))

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org


vysero said:

Homework Statement


(d/dx)∫from(x^(1/2)) to x^2 of tan(9t) dt



Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



2x((tan(9x^2))-(tan(x^(1/2)))

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

You are using the fundamental theorem of calculus here, right? Can you explain how you got that? There's a few parts of right things in there. But overall, it's a mess.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


vysero said:

Homework Statement


(d/dx)∫from(x^(1/2)) to x^2 of tan(9t) dt



Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



2x((tan(9x^2))-(tan(x^(1/2)))

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Your post is very hard to read. Please consider typing up your equations with LaTeX. Here is a short guide: https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=3977517&postcount=3 It would really help us a lot.
 


I would write the original function as
[tex]\int_{x^{1/2}}^{x^2} tan(9t)dt= \int_{x^{1/2}}^a tan(9t)dt+ \int_a^{x^2} tan(9t) dt[/tex]
[tex]= \int_a^{x^2} tan(9t)dt- \int_a^{x^{1/2}} tan(9t)dt[/tex]

NOW use the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. It looks to me like you forgot the derivative of the "[itex]x^{1/2}[/itex]" term.