Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Integral solver?

1. Jul 16, 2005 #1
    Are there any free integral solvers? Preferably one that can handle more than 1 variable. My ti-89 does not like a few of the integrals I gave it.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2005 #2
    Here's a nice single variable integrator. I use it all the time.

I also have a TI-89. It's very limited.
  4. Jul 17, 2005 #3
    Even though they aren't free, you can get Mathematica for Students or Maple Student Edition for a very low price - that is, if you are a student, of course.
  5. Jul 17, 2005 #4

I have located an excellent emulator for the TI-89 calculator, called Virtual TI (v2.5 b5).

This emulator will run ROMs from the TI-82, TI-83,
    TI-83 Plus, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89, TI-92, TI-92 II,
    and/or TI-92 Plus calculators.

It has a routine for uploading your calculator ROMs directly into the emulator.

It is possible to compile your TI programs with the emulator and download them to your TI calculator and vice-versa.

It can also 'save states' and has an excellent debugger.

6. Jul 17, 2005 #5
    I've been trying to get VTI to work, but I can't seem to get a rom-dump. I have a silver Graph Link cable and a ti-89. Do you have any suggestions?
  7. Jul 18, 2005 #6
    SilverLink cable (TI-GRAPH LINK USB) drivers...

Try installing TI-connect listed in reference 1.

Uncertain if reference 3 is the correct driver for your system, try consulting reference 2 listed below, then determine what driver link software is appropriate for your system.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  8. Jul 18, 2005 #7
    I got it to work. Thanks!!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?