Free Integral Solver for Multi-Variable Problems

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, the emulator Virtual TI can be used to run ROMs from the TI-89 calculator. It has a routine for uploading your calculator ROMs directly into the emulator and can also 'save states' and has an excellent debugger.
mattmns
Are there any free integral solvers? Preferably one that can handle more than 1 variable. My ti-89 does not like a few of the integrals I gave it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's a nice single variable integrator. I use it all the time.

I also have a TI-89. It's very limited.

Even though they aren't free, you can get Mathematica for Students or Maple Student Edition for a very low price - that is, if you are a student, of course.

I have located an excellent emulator for the TI-89 calculator, called Virtual TI (v2.5 b5).

This emulator will run ROMs from the TI-82, TI-83,
TI-83 Plus, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89, TI-92, TI-92 II,
and/or TI-92 Plus calculators.

It has a routine for uploading your calculator ROMs directly into the emulator.

It is possible to compile your TI programs with the emulator and download them to your TI calculator and vice-versa.

It can also 'save states' and has an excellent debugger.

Reference:
http://www.ticalc.org/pub/win/vti.zip

I've been trying to get VTI to work, but I can't seem to get a rom-dump. I have a silver Graph Link cable and a ti-89. Do you have any suggestions?

SilverLink cable (TI-GRAPH LINK USB) drivers...

Try installing TI-connect listed in reference 1.

Uncertain if reference 3 is the correct driver for your system, try consulting reference 2 listed below, then determine what driver link software is appropriate for your system.

Windows Driver for TI-GRAPH LINK USB cable, v3.0 (binaries)
Installation disk of the TiglUsb driver for Windows. This driver handles the new TI's USB link cable (aka SilverLink). It's needed for USB support with TiLP for Windows. New: sending transfer are now quite fast.

Reference:
http://education.ti.com/us/product/accessory/connectivity/down/download.html
http://www.ticalc.org/pub/win/link/
http://www.ticalc.org/pub/win/link/tiglusbinf3.zip

Last edited:
I got it to work. Thanks!

1. What is a free integral solver for multi-variable problems?

A free integral solver for multi-variable problems is a computer program or online tool that helps solve mathematical integrals involving multiple variables. It uses algorithms and mathematical formulas to find the solution to these complex problems.

2. How does a free integral solver work?

A free integral solver works by breaking down the given integral into smaller, simpler steps. It then applies various integration techniques, such as substitution or integration by parts, to solve each step. Finally, it combines the results of these steps to find the overall solution.

3. Can a free integral solver handle all types of multi-variable integrals?

No, a free integral solver may not be able to handle all types of multi-variable integrals. It depends on the complexity of the problem and the techniques implemented in the solver. Some integrals may require manual calculations or advanced techniques that may not be available in a free solver.

4. Is a free integral solver accurate?

A free integral solver can provide accurate solutions if it is programmed correctly and the input is entered correctly. However, it is always recommended to double-check the solution using other methods or tools to ensure accuracy.

5. Can I use a free integral solver for my academic or professional work?

Yes, you can use a free integral solver for academic or professional work. However, it is important to cite the source and clarify if the solution was obtained using a solver. It is also essential to understand the steps and techniques used by the solver to avoid any potential issues with academic integrity.