Can International Mail Be Received Without Reply Coupons?

In summary, an International model wrote to a person in the Philippines and did not include IRCs or International Reply Coupons in the letter. The person does not know where to buy IRCs and it is unlikely that the model will receive the letter.
VashtiMaiden
Can he still receive and read my mail without International reply coupons or IRC?

I wrote to an International model in Japan. then I wrote to him and I search his company address in the internet and I found his company address but it says you will need IRC.. but I can't find any IRC's in our place..I don't know where to buy them and how to buy them in the internet. But I sent him a letter without an IRC or International reply coupons, I don't know if he received my letter without an IRC..so please help me and tell me if he receive it without an IRC and Where in the Philippines can I buy it? thanks..

Physics news on Phys.org
At your post office, I would think, sense it is postage.

Yes, you buy them at your post office, and enclose them in your letter. The recipient (in another country) exchanges them at his post office for postage stamps to use when he replies to you.

In other words, it's a way of pre-paying the postage for a reply from another country, that uses different currency or postage stamps from yours.

Can he receive my letter without IRC? and there's no IRC in our post office, no IRC
here in our PLACE. :cry:

VashtiMaiden said:
Can he receive my letter without IRC? and there's no IRC in our post office, no IRC
here in our PLACE. :cry:

So long as you put the right postage on the envelope, then yes, it should get there. I doubt that you'll get a reply though!

...ok. thanks.. but is there any other way to get an IRC?

VashtiMaiden, celebrities have staff that will send out a photograph and a news letter in response to fan mail. If he's very popular, you're not going to get a personal reply and it's unlikely that he will actually even see your letter, most likely it will be read by a staff member.

but his not that popular...I think only in Japan and other Asian countries but not like the other famous actors and model.

Last edited:

What are International Reply Coupons?

International Reply Coupons (IRCs) are special vouchers that can be exchanged for postage stamps in any participating country. They are used to cover the cost of an international reply when sending mail to a foreign country.

How do I purchase International Reply Coupons?

IRCs can be purchased at most post offices in your country. You can also purchase them online through certain postal services or through third-party sellers. However, availability and prices may vary.

What countries participate in the International Reply Coupon program?

As of 2021, there are 190 countries that participate in the IRC program. This includes most countries in the world, with a few exceptions such as Cuba and North Korea. A full list of participating countries can be found on the Universal Postal Union website.

How do I use International Reply Coupons?

To use an IRC, simply attach it to the envelope when mailing a letter or parcel to a foreign country. The recipient can then exchange the coupon for stamps to cover the cost of sending a reply back to you.

Can I use International Reply Coupons for any type of mail?

IRCs can only be used for first-class mail, meaning letters and postcards. They cannot be used for packages, express mail, or any other type of mail. Additionally, some countries may have restrictions or limitations on how many IRCs can be used for a single reply.