Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Introducing Little Tyke

1. Apr 27, 2008 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As some of you know, we lost our very special 17 year old cat, Einstein, about a month ago. And even though we still have two more cats and a stray that visits daily, Tsu came home with this the other night.

He is three weeks old. Einstein's nickname was Little Tyke, so we named this little one in his honor.

I was watching Tsu yesterday and clocked almost five whole minutes that she wasn't looking at the new kitty. :biggrin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2008 #2
    Zomg Cute Overload!!!

4. Apr 27, 2008 #3

Danger

Gold Member

It's nice to know that he has a great new home.

5. Apr 27, 2008 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So, so cute!! He's adorable!!

Congrats on your new little one! Just three weeks old...was he abandoned?

6. Apr 27, 2008 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, apparently one of Tsu's coworkers has a dog that brings home the babies of stray cats. That's about all that I know about it.

7. Apr 27, 2008 #6

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Awww! What a cutie! Sweet!

8. Apr 27, 2008 #7
    Oh my god that is so freaking cute! Adorable!

9. Apr 27, 2008 #8
    That is so darned cute! {waves hi back to the little guy}

10. Apr 27, 2008 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, so adorably cute! And a little sad too how he arrived so young. But, at least he has good people to take care of him. :smile:

11. Apr 27, 2008 #10

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

He's a real cutie alright, we were visting last night, had some of Ivan's awesome steaks and oohed and auude over the kitty. Indeed
    Tsu was reluctant to let the little guy out of her sight.

12. Apr 27, 2008 #11

Evo

Oh, how adorable!!!! That's one lucky little kitten!

13. Apr 27, 2008 #12

turbo

Gold Member

Wave "Hi" to the PF'ers!

14. Apr 27, 2008 #13

Evo

How do you get those kitten bottles to work? No matter what size hole I punch, they never seem to be able to drink, so I end up feeding them with an eye dropper.

15. Apr 27, 2008 #14

Tsu

Gold Member

Thanks everyone!! I'm just completely in love with this Little Tyke.

Apparently my friends dog is the motherly type set herself up as the neighborhood Kitten Protective Services. She up and decided that the feral mother of these kittens was just NO GOOD, - no good AT ALL and SHE was stepping in. So she brought the kittens home at almost 2 weeks of age. Being the softie I am, and never having had a kitten so young, I thought I'd give it a go as 'Mama Cat'. :biggrin:

Now, I was a bit worried about what Ivan was going to say about it, but to his credit, he stepped up to the plate and offered to perform the 'Mama Cat' duties while I'm at work. It took him all of 2 seconds to fall for this little sweetie. Isn't he just the best? :!!) And I thought I was the softie...

These aren't the best pictures in the world. They were taken so close up because he's so small :biggrin: and then there's the glare off of my pale lilac soft fuzzy bathrobe that Tyke is so fond of. He likes to climb into my pocket and 'hang' out with me while I do my housework.

As far as those bottles - Ivan cut a rather huge hole and I give the bottle a tiny but steady squeeze as he's feeding. Then I actually have to burp him! :surprised And THEN!! - after he plays a little after eating, I get to "poop the kitten" which usually requires a minor butt bath when done. :rolleyes:

We'll try to post pictures as he grows so you can watch his progress with us. My face already hurts from constantly smiling at him. :biggrin:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  16. Apr 27, 2008 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

Awww... He probably thinks you're his mommy with all that fur. :biggrin: That's about the age Lucky was when we wound up with him when I was a teen. We used to give him a big stuffed toy cat to cuddle with when we weren't around to cuddle with him.

Just wait until he surprises you one day by pooping by himself! What a mess! It's that stage between you doing it for him and him being old enough to use a litterbox that's the worst (I guess it's like toilet training kids when they still have accidents on the way to the potty).

17. Apr 27, 2008 #16

Tsu

Gold Member

YIKES!!! No one told me about THAT one!! Oh, joy. Hey, Auntie Moonbear!! Wanna come visit and show us how to take care of that?? :biggrin:

18. Apr 27, 2008 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd suggest keeping him confined in a box or laundry basket or some such place and give him a very shallow pan (like the depth of a pie plate) for a litterbox so he can easily get in and out while getting the hang of the idea. It's really that they start being able to poop on their own before being on solid food, so as you know, what comes out on a milk diet is rather gooey, and until he's on solid food, it'll keep being that way. :yuck:

19. Apr 27, 2008 #18

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

20. Apr 27, 2008 #19

Tsu

Gold Member

Thanks for the tip, Auntie Moonbear. At what age can I expect this fun to begin?

Aww, Krudt! What a SWEET and pretty kitty Rosie is! How old is she? Aren't kitties fun? Puppies, too. Hmmm... Maybe I'll bring home a puppy next... :biggrin:

21. Apr 27, 2008 #20

turbo

Gold Member

Tsu, what breed is the puppy in your avatar?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?