What are the current research topics in nuclear physics in South Africa?

In summary, current research topics in nuclear physics in South Africa include the development of advanced nuclear reactors, the study of nuclear waste management, and the investigation of nuclear reactions and their applications in medicine and industry. Other areas of interest include nuclear fusion research, nuclear astrophysics, and the search for new, more efficient nuclear energy sources. South African scientists are also actively involved in international collaborations and experiments, such as the Large Hadron Collider, in order to further advance our understanding of the fundamental nature of matter and energy. Overall, the research in nuclear physics in South Africa is focused on both theoretical and practical applications, with the goal of contributing to the global knowledge and development of nuclear science.
LGD_CPT
Hi All Members

I've been lurking through the forum threads (as a guest) and I really enjoy the depth of discussions that arise, even to the most basic of questions.

I'm a Physicist from South Africa, 1st degree was Chem Eng, post grad was/is Physics. Been working in the nuclear industry for 5 years, as an engineer and more recently reactor physicist. Currently also a researcher focusing on Radioactive Ion Beams.

Looking forward to my stay here :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!