Iraq vs. Iran what's this about?

• News
  • Thread starter misskitty
  • Start date
In summary, Iraq ad Iran are neighbors. Yet they seem to truly dispise one another. What is this hatred based on? Why are they so passionate about it? What started it?
Lisa! said:
Please, clear upsth for me: who said Iran was trying to get Nuclear weapons? Bush or his friends who started a war against Iraq because he said there were Nucklear weapons in Iraq?
Anyway, I'm tired of seeing theses titles "X vs. Y".

Are you kidding?
Are you drinking?

Physics news on Phys.org
Lisa! said:
Please, clear upsth for me: who said Iran was trying to get Nuclear weapons? Bush or his friends who started a war against Iraq because he said there were Nucklear weapons in Iraq?
Anyway, I'm tired of seeing theses titles "X vs. Y".
Despite what happened in Iraq, Iran actually is trying to get nukes. They stopped for a while when EUR was in dialogue with them, but then the US pissed em off and they resumed again.
Are you kidding?
Sort of, it's Satire. I'm protraying my vision of the American mindset.

Smurf said:
Well, it's a nice thought, but really TSM, they would have choppers in their picking them up in on time! (then again... if we're going to be realistic I guess we never would've dropped them there at all would we?)
You're an optimist. I think half of them will be in there with daisy cutters myself.

You saw 'The Longest Yard', right?

Remember the scene, 'You get to play the guards'.

Do you think they can trust armed US Soldiers with this task? The guys that shipped them over there with substandard equipment, extended their tours so that their demob date is now the day they retire ... etc.

The Smoking Man said:
You're an optimist. I think half of them will be in there with daisy cutters myself.

You saw 'The Longest Yard', right?

Remember the scene, 'You get to play the guards'.

Do you think they can trust armed US Soldiers with this task? The guys that shipped them over there with substandard equipment, extended their tours so that their demob date is now the day they retire ... etc.
So... Send a brigade that's been treated well, there's at least a few around, and if there arn't send Delta or whoever.

The Smoking Man said:
Are you drinking?
Sorry, what do you mean?

It's a joke Lisa, Loosen up girl... teehee

Smurf said:
Despite what happened in Iraq, Iran actually is trying to get nukes. They stopped for a while when EUR was in dialogue with them, but then the US pissed em off and they resumed again.
Oh great! They are trying to get Nukes and everyone even an 18 year old Canadian person knows everything about what they want to do. Where do you get this information? It seems that you even know the details.

Duh! I'm god. The great Smurf God... don't you know anything?

Damn, I really love patronizing people. I should see a doctor about it.

Smurf said:
It's a joke Lisa, Loosen up girl... teehee
Well I don't expect him to continue joking when we're discussing about serious issues! :wink: I thought he meant what I was saing, wouldn't make sense at all.(Perhaps it's true that they don't make sense because I'm almost sick)

Smurf said:
Duh! I'm god. The great Smurf God... don't you know anything?

Damn, I really love patronizing people. I should see a doctor about it.
:rofl: My question isn't in a way you think. I heard what you said but I want to know where do media get their information about this? Somehow my question was ironic!

Lisa! said:
:rofl: My question isn't in a way you think. I heard what you said but I want to know where do media get their information about this? Somehow my question was ironic!
Well you see little girl... when a country that has been labelled on the 'axis of evil' has a nuclear program people try to talk them out of it. In one event a very powerfull organization, called the European Union, has dialog with this country and, naturally, the press decided it would be best if the world knew about it. So they sent reporters their that listened very very closely to what was said between the two groups and then reported it back to their bosses who broadcast the information to every little boy and girl just like you.

I see! You've not mentioned if they found any evidence of trying to get Nuks. You know base on my information, what they stopped for a while was enrichment and any kind of action which need nuclear energy for example building a reactor. You can't say a country is trying to get nuks if they want to use nuclear energy, right? I don't know perhaps my information isn't enough.
PS are you God!?:rofl:

Lisa! said:
I see! You've not mentioned if they found any evidence of trying to get Nuks. You know base on my information, what they stopped for a while was enrichment and any kind of action which need nuclear energy for example building a reactor. You can't say a country is trying to get nuks if they want to use nuclear energy, right? I don't know perhaps my information isn't enough.
Yeah, it's somewhat rash to say Iran wants nukes... What Iran is trying to do is get to a 'breakthrough' point. Basically, where they have the ability to make a nuke faster than anyone could stop them. This, and nuclear power generators... Which one is more important to them? I don't know but seeing as Iran is hardly the most industrial nation around and has the second largest reserve of natural gas on the planet... :rolleyes:
PS are you God!?:rofl:
'fraid so.

Deja VU all over again

Shades of Iran contra.

It is perfectly clear now. This time around instead of invading Iraq when we did, we should have loaned them money so that they could have built a stronger military. This would have enabled them to start a war with Iran. Then we could have sold weapons to Iran and used the money to clean house in Venezuela. :tongue2: :tongue2:

edward said:
Shades of Iran contra.

It is perfectly clear now. This time around instead of invading Iraq when we did, we should have loaned them money so that they could have built a stronger military. This would have enabled them to start a war with Iran. Then we could have sold weapons to Iran and used the money to clean house in Venezuela. :tongue2: :tongue2:

Edward:

I think this goes over the heads of most of the younger generation here. lol But in a way you are right. I have the feeling this has all happened before. If we keep shooting ourselves in the foot, we one day will not have a leg to stand on.

On the serious side as per the old saying: When we forget history it tends to repeat itself.

Israel bombed Iraq's nuclear power plant in 1981 before it ever became functional.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/7/newsid_3014000/3014623.stm

Either Iran backs down on their nuclear endeavor, or history will indeed repeat itself.

is it true that haliburton helped iran with it's nuclear program via "Oriental Oil Kish"?

Burnsys said:
is it true that haliburton helped iran with it's nuclear program via "Oriental Oil Kish"?

According to:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58298-2005Feb2.html

Haliburton was only to help lobby for Iraq and make them look more credible. :grumpy: But it always possible that Haliburton hauled a piece of pipe or two for Iraq in order to get the oil and gas job bid.

There are a host of opinions on this, ranging from the above to, Haliburton is to be a subcontractor for orential Kish in oil and gas development in Iran, to:

http://www.newsmedianews.com/jason_leopold.php#hsi

[OUOTE]According to a February 2001 report in the Wall Street Journal, “Halliburton Products & Services Ltd. works behind an unmarked door on the ninth floor of a new north Tehran tower block. A brochure declares that the company was registered in 1975 in the Cayman Islands, is based in the Persian Gulf sheikdom of Dubai and is non-American. But, like the sign over the receptionist's head, the brochure bears the company's name and red emblem, and offers services from Halliburton units around the world

Last edited: