Is AI Coming Soon? Exploring the Possibilities of Human-like Machines

• Thread starter homeylova223
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ai
In summary, Ray Kurtzweil predicts that in the next 9 years we will have a conscious AI. However, it is still in the early stages of development and may not happen for many years.
homeylova223
I am wondering will there be an AI soon. I mean AI something like a machine which can actually be almost like a human without emotions. I can learn to perform task,have a conversation with you and make decisions based on fact. It can also answer human questions.

Technology news on Phys.org
Also the I want to say the AI would have a self. It would not simply be programmed to act in certain way by a human but could have its own goals or purposes.

homeylova223 said:
I am wondering will there be an AI soon.
No.

This question has been discussed here many times. I suggest a forum search.

Sorry I will search the forum. I just watched this video by Ray Kruzweil saying that the the power of AI is increasing exponentially once a small discovery in AI is made progress in AI will increase exponentially.

Ray Kurtzweil says by 2029 we will have a conscious AI. Many of his predictions are true I mean he predicted all students would have acess to computers.

2029 is only 9 years away.

Ray is a futurist. He uses trends from existing work to predict where it will lead. AI is far more mercurial than we can imagine and its really impossible to day such a breakthrough will happen.

It took about 300 years before Fermat's theorem was proven. It could well take that long for AI.

Machine learning is popular now and is a bit of a misnomer. It's more like statistical learning. Programming wise its like building the frame of a house and letting the decorate it inside making a kind of data-driven program with limitations.

I would say we are still in the early years of development and that all our AI techniques are mere small building blocks to the eventual AGI or ASI.

Closing the thread because speculation leads to personal theories which we don’t discuss here.

Likes anorlunda

1. When will AI be available?

AI is already available in many forms, such as virtual assistants, chatbots, and self-driving cars. However, the development of truly human-like AI is a complex and ongoing process. It is difficult to predict when this technology will be fully realized, as it depends on various factors like advancements in technology and ethical considerations.

2. Will AI replace human jobs?

This is a common concern, but the answer is not so straightforward. AI has the potential to automate certain tasks and jobs, but it can also create new opportunities and roles in industries such as data science and machine learning. It is important for society to carefully consider the impact of AI on jobs and take measures to adapt to the changing landscape.

3. How advanced is AI currently?

AI has come a long way in recent years, with advancements in areas such as natural language processing, computer vision, and decision-making algorithms. However, there is still a long way to go before AI can truly replicate human intelligence and emotions. It is important to have realistic expectations and continue to push the boundaries of AI technology.

4. Can AI become dangerous or out of control?

There is always a risk of unintended consequences when developing new technologies, and AI is no exception. However, many experts believe that with proper regulation and ethical guidelines, the risks can be minimized. It is important for developers to prioritize safety and responsibility in the development of AI.

5. How can AI benefit society?

AI has the potential to bring many benefits to society, such as improving efficiency and productivity, assisting in medical research and diagnosis, and enhancing our understanding of complex systems and patterns. It is also important to consider the potential ethical and societal implications of AI and ensure that its development is guided by responsible and ethical principles.