Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is Imagining the Tenth Dimension accurate?

1. Feb 16, 2013 #1
    I recently watched a series of Youtube videos based on a book titled "Imagining the Tenth Dimension" by Rob Bryanton, but I noticed a few inconsistencies so I haven't bought the book yet. Does this book accurately represent what is known about the higher dimensions?

If not, could you suggest a better one for someone with only a cursory knowledge of such things?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 16, 2013 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Welcome to PF;
    No. "What is known about higher dimensions" can probably be summed up as "not much" or "almost nothing" ... but you'd need to define "higher" and "dimension" (and, for that matter, "accurate") to be sure. You got a link to those youtube things?
    I can be more definite that that - you will not find any book that will accurately cover many-dimensional physical models for someone with only cursory knowledge. You just have to learn the math.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook