Is it possible to keep a rip in space open? All info welcome

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking information on how to keep a rip in space open. They define two types of tears - one that can only be seen as dark matter and the other where bright white can be seen and the other side can be viewed. They request no ignorant remarks and mention that they have not done any research on the topic but believe the rip they are interested in can only be seen in infrared. The moderator suggests doing some research before asking specific questions and closes the thread.
nrot
This is not meant to be a joke and if you think so go to the next thread.
I need to know if there is any way to keep a rip in space open. I will define two different types of tear.

The first is a tear but all that can be seen is a dark matter(no pun intended): this is the one I do not need info.

The second is the important to me, this one is a tear where bright white can be seen and one cannot travel through it but one can view the other side of the opening.

Please no ignorant remarks!

Astronomy news on Phys.org
nrot said:
This is not meant to be a joke and if you think so go to the next thread.
I need to know if there is any way to keep a rip in space open. I will define two different types of tear.

The first is a tear but all that can be seen is a dark matter(no pun intended): this is the one I do not need info.

The second is the important to me, this one is a tear where bright white can be seen and one cannot travel through it but one can view the other side of the opening.

Please no ignorant remarks!

Welcome to the PF.

Can you please post some links to mainstream web pages or journals where such rips are discussed? That would help us a lot in replying to your questions. :smile:

I have not done any research on the topic, I wanted some quick info and thought I might get lucky in this forum. Though, maybe this might help; the rip I am interested in might only be seen in infrared. Thanks for your help.

nrot said:
I have not done any research on the topic, I wanted some quick info and thought I might get lucky in this forum. Though, maybe this might help; the rip I am interested in might only be seen in infrared. Thanks for your help.

Things work much better here when you do some reading and research first, and then come here to ask specific questions about that reading. I'll go ahead and close this thread. Please start a new thread after you have done some reading and can post links to that reading. Thanks. :smile:

1. Is it possible to create a rip in space?

Yes, it is theoretically possible to create a rip in space. This is known as a wormhole, which is a theoretical tunnel through space-time that connects two distant points. However, creating such a rip in space is currently beyond our technological capabilities.

2. How would a rip in space be kept open?

In theory, a rip in space could be kept open by using exotic matter with negative energy density to stabilize the wormhole. However, this type of matter has not been observed in nature and its existence is still purely hypothetical.

3. How long could a rip in space remain open?

It is currently unknown how long a rip in space could remain open. Theoretical calculations suggest that it could potentially collapse quickly due to the extreme gravitational forces involved.

4. What would happen if a rip in space were to close?

If a rip in space were to close while an object or person was traveling through it, they would likely be crushed by the intense gravitational forces. However, this is purely hypothetical as we do not yet have the technology to create or maintain a rip in space.

5. Are there any potential dangers associated with keeping a rip in space open?

Theoretically, there are potential dangers associated with keeping a rip in space open. These include the possibility of destabilizing the fabric of space-time and creating a catastrophic event. Additionally, the use of exotic matter to stabilize the wormhole could have unforeseen consequences. More research is needed to fully understand the potential dangers of keeping a rip in space open.