Is it possible to keep a rip in space open? All info welcome

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter nrot
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Rip Space Welcome
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
nrot
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
This is not meant to be a joke and if you think so go to the next thread.
I need to know if there is any way to keep a rip in space open. I will define two different types of tear.

The first is a tear but all that can be seen is a dark matter(no pun intended): this is the one I do not need info.

The second is the important to me, this one is a tear where bright white can be seen and one cannot travel through it but one can view the other side of the opening.

Please no ignorant remarks!
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
nrot said:
This is not meant to be a joke and if you think so go to the next thread.
I need to know if there is any way to keep a rip in space open. I will define two different types of tear.

The first is a tear but all that can be seen is a dark matter(no pun intended): this is the one I do not need info.

The second is the important to me, this one is a tear where bright white can be seen and one cannot travel through it but one can view the other side of the opening.

Please no ignorant remarks!

Welcome to the PF.

Can you please post some links to mainstream web pages or journals where such rips are discussed? That would help us a lot in replying to your questions. :smile:
 
I have not done any research on the topic, I wanted some quick info and thought I might get lucky in this forum. Though, maybe this might help; the rip I am interested in might only be seen in infrared. Thanks for your help.
 
nrot said:
I have not done any research on the topic, I wanted some quick info and thought I might get lucky in this forum. Though, maybe this might help; the rip I am interested in might only be seen in infrared. Thanks for your help.

Things work much better here when you do some reading and research first, and then come here to ask specific questions about that reading. I'll go ahead and close this thread. Please start a new thread after you have done some reading and can post links to that reading. Thanks. :smile: