Is it possible to travel to parallel universes?

• Thread starter nivak
  • Start date
Is it possible to travel to parallel universes of many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics?

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Not even remotely. If they DO exist, and I am in the camp that does not believe in them at all, they are causally disconnected from our universe and so cannot even be observed, much less reached.

No - Phinds has it right.

But is must be said science is a strange beast - future progress has the habit of often surprising.

Thanks
Bill

Ok. But I would like to know why travel to such universes is not possible. Is there any law of physics or any property that forbid travel between such worlds? What is it?

Ok. But I would like to know why travel to such universes is not possible. Is there any law of physics or any property that forbid travel between such worlds? What is it?
By asking for a law that disproves a hypothesis, you can literally make any claim. How do you know there aren't any heat resisting dinosaurs living at the center of the Sun? Is there any proof they don't exist? :-p

Likes Borg
phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
By asking for a law that disproves a hypothesis, you can literally make any claim. How do you know there aren't any heat resisting dinosaurs living at the center of the Sun? Is there any proof they don't exist? :-p
Exactly. This is EXACTLY how "science" works on Ancient Aliens. They never make any claims at all, they just say "is it possible that <utter crap> might be true" strongly implying that it IS true but never saying so. They then use that "truth" to go on to even more ridiculous claims, still couched in the same formulaic cop-out way.

Nugatory
Mentor
The original question has been answered, so this thread can be closed.