Is organic chemistry employed in fab'ing graphene ICs?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
dubious9
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hello, I am interested in possibly fabricating microprocessors if I make it through school. I have yet to take my first course in organic chemistry. Will I have to know anything about organic chemistry if I am to fabricate microprocessors? Do you know if organic chemistry is employed in the schemes to fabricate using graphene (the carbon allotrope)? Just my cents--I have had General Chemistry (inorganic) and graphene is carbon based and its lattice looks like the ring molecules in an organic compound.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
dubious9 said:
Will I have to know anything about organic chemistry if I am to fabricate microprocessors?

Hardly anything about organic chemistry, which is a wide and rich study, applies to graphenes. If I were interested in cutting edge computer science I wouldn't worry about CHON chemistry.