Is the LuniSolar theory a legitimate scientific theory?

In summary, The conversation discusses the website binaryresearchinstitute.org and its theories on precision and gravitational effects. The speaker expresses skepticism towards the website and its methods, noting their lack of understanding of basic calculations. They also mention that the website is disputing basic gravitational effects in the Newtonian limit and that their inability to perform calculations may be hindering their credibility.
Moonrat
Any thoughts on this, fellas? I have not read the book nor viewed the documentary (narrated by James Earl Jones) but I have read a few articles, and, well, precision is a complex sport, so I am intrigued with the notion...I am no astronomer though, only have a layman's fascination.

http://www.binaryresearchinstitute.org/

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Moonrat said:
Any thoughts on this, fellas? I have not read the book nor viewed the documentary (narrated by James Earl Jones) but I have read a few articles, and, well, precision is a complex sport, so I am intrigued with the notion...I am no astronomer though, only have a layman's fascination.

http://www.binaryresearchinstitute.org/

Everything about this site tells me they're crackpots, including their terminology, their methods, their founder...

What's worse, they're disputing basic gravitational effects in the Newtonian limit. In order to disprove the "LuniSolar" theory, they would have to disprove Newtonian gravity. Their inability to perform calculations beyond the junior high school level is probably hurting them more than they realize.

1. Is our Sun part of a binary star system?

Yes, our Sun is part of a binary star system. It is in a binary system with a smaller star called Alpha Centauri, which is about 4.37 light years away from Earth.

2. How does a binary star system form?

A binary star system forms from a collapsing cloud of gas and dust. As the cloud collapses, it breaks up into smaller clumps which eventually become individual stars. If the clumps are close enough, they can orbit each other and form a binary star system.

3. Can we see the other star in our Sun's binary system?

No, we cannot see the other star in our Sun's binary system with the naked eye. Alpha Centauri is too far away and not bright enough to be visible to the naked eye. But, with the help of powerful telescopes, we can observe and study it.

4. How does the presence of a binary star system affect our solar system?

The presence of a binary star system does not have a significant impact on our solar system. The gravitational influence of Alpha Centauri on our Sun is minimal, and the distance between the two stars is too great to have any significant effects on our planets.

5. Could our Sun eventually become a part of a different binary system?

It is possible for our Sun to become a part of a different binary system in the future. As stars age and evolve, they can exchange partners and form new binary systems. However, this process takes a very long time and it is unlikely to happen within the lifetime of our Sun.