Is there a relationship between temperature and gravity

• Thread starter Carlos508
  • Start date
I know that it wasn't until the first 10-34 seconds after the birth of the Universe, that gravity " evolved" and at the time the temperature was 100 million trillion trillion degrees. Does that mean that within the first moments even before this time, gravity did not exist? And if so, then does that mean that there is a relationship between temperature and gravity?

I mean I'm sure it's pretty negligible, especially with those temperatures. But the question still remains...

Answers and Replies

olgranpappy
Homework Helper
I know that it wasn't until the first 10-34 seconds after the birth of the Universe, that gravity " evolved"
how do you know that?

and at the time the temperature was 100 million trillion trillion degrees. Does that mean that within the first moments even before this time, gravity did not exist? And if so, then does that mean that there is a relationship between temperature and gravity?

I mean I'm sure it's pretty negligible, especially with those temperatures. But the question still remains...

olgranpappy
Homework Helper
well... grand unified theories tend to be a little complicated... sure there might be some relation between temperature and gravity... but i guess it depends on what kind of relation exactly you are looking for.

It would be better to ask this question in the "beyond the standard model" forum. Cheers.