Is there a relationship between temperature and gravity

In summary, there is a relationship between temperature and gravity in the early moments after the birth of the universe, before gravity "evolved" at 10-34 seconds. However, it is a complicated concept and may vary depending on the type of relationship being considered. It would be best to seek further discussion in a specialized forum.
Carlos508
I know that it wasn't until the first 10-34 seconds after the birth of the Universe, that gravity " evolved" and at the time the temperature was 100 million trillion trillion degrees. Does that mean that within the first moments even before this time, gravity did not exist? And if so, then does that mean that there is a relationship between temperature and gravity?

I mean I'm sure it's pretty negligible, especially with those temperatures. But the question still remains...

Science news on Phys.org
Carlos508 said:
I know that it wasn't until the first 10-34 seconds after the birth of the Universe, that gravity " evolved"

how do you know that?

and at the time the temperature was 100 million trillion trillion degrees. Does that mean that within the first moments even before this time, gravity did not exist? And if so, then does that mean that there is a relationship between temperature and gravity?

I mean I'm sure it's pretty negligible, especially with those temperatures. But the question still remains...

well... grand unified theories tend to be a little complicated... sure there might be some relation between temperature and gravity... but i guess it depends on what kind of relation exactly you are looking for.

It would be better to ask this question in the "beyond the standard model" forum. Cheers.

1. What is the relationship between temperature and gravity?

The relationship between temperature and gravity is complex and not fully understood. While temperature and gravity are both fundamental physical properties, they do not have a direct causal relationship. However, temperature can affect the density and pressure of a substance, which in turn can affect the strength of its gravitational pull.

2. Does temperature affect the strength of gravity?

Temperature does not directly affect the strength of gravity. However, temperature can influence the density and pressure of an object or substance, which can in turn affect its gravitational pull. For example, a hotter object may have a lower density and therefore a weaker gravitational pull compared to a cooler object of the same mass.

3. How does temperature affect the density of a substance?

Temperature can affect the density of a substance in a few ways. Generally, as temperature increases, the density of a substance decreases. This is because when a substance is heated, its particles move faster and take up more space, making the substance less dense. However, this relationship varies depending on the substance and its phase (solid, liquid, or gas).

4. Is there a specific temperature at which the strength of gravity is affected?

There is no specific temperature at which the strength of gravity is affected. As mentioned before, temperature can influence the density and pressure of an object or substance, which can affect its gravitational pull. However, this effect is not limited to a specific temperature and can vary depending on the specific circumstances.

5. Can gravity affect temperature?

Gravity can indirectly affect temperature through its influence on atmospheric pressure. As the strength of gravity varies on different parts of the Earth, so does the atmospheric pressure. This can impact the temperature in that region, as high pressure areas tend to be cooler and low pressure areas tend to be warmer.