Island of Doctor Moreau narrative

• Thread starter omega2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Doctor
In summary, the speaker is mentioning a newly filmed version of the film 'Island of Doctor Moreau' and shares a condensed version of the narrative in a two-minute video. They ask for suggestions for improvement before distributing it on DVD and provide a link to the video. The conversation then turns to a discussion of the acting and facial expressions in the film, with the speaker thanking the other person for their feedback and considering incorporating it in any future versions.
omega2
Ever seen the film 'Island of Doctor Moreau'? Well, there's a newly filmed version of it here. I condensed the whole basic narrative into less than two minutes. I present to you the final cut of my film - THE ISLAND OF DR MOREAU!

if you do watch it, can you suggest any improvements before I start duplicating it for DVD distribution?

video here - http://www.vimeo.com/clip=18171

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, the part of the Dr, you did quite well in speech and mannor. The young man didn't look shocked enough. And to be a ape-man, you should probally study the facial expressions of the great apes. They have a side to side eye movement, and a bearing of the teeth when they are angry and powering up.

PS the new page to view it on its great!

Well, the part of the Dr, you did quite well in speech and mannor. The young man didn't look shocked enough. And to be a ape-man, you should probally study the facial expressions of the great apes. They have a side to side eye movement, and a bearing of the teeth when they are angry and powering up.

thanks for the informative feedback. if i ever redo it, i shall endeavour to incorporate what you've said.:biggrin:

FAQ: Island of Doctor Moreau narrative

1. What is the overall plot of "Island of Doctor Moreau"?

The "Island of Doctor Moreau" is a science fiction novel written by H.G. Wells in 1896. The story follows the journey of Edward Prendick, a shipwrecked man who finds himself stranded on an isolated island. Prendick soon discovers that the island is inhabited by a mad scientist, Doctor Moreau, who has been conducting unethical experiments on animals, turning them into human-like creatures. Prendick must navigate the dangers of the island and confront the moral implications of Moreau's actions.

2. What are the major themes explored in "Island of Doctor Moreau"?

The main themes of "Island of Doctor Moreau" include the dangers of unchecked scientific experimentation, the blurred lines between humans and animals, and the consequences of playing god. The novel also delves into themes of morality, humanity, and the consequences of isolation.

3. What is the significance of the character of Doctor Moreau?

Doctor Moreau serves as the main antagonist of the novel, representing the dangers of scientific curiosity and the consequences of using knowledge for unethical purposes. He is a cautionary tale of the dangers of playing god and the potential consequences of manipulating nature for personal gain.

4. How does "Island of Doctor Moreau" reflect the time period in which it was written?

The novel was written during a time of great scientific progress and exploration, and it reflects the anxieties and fears surrounding the potential consequences of these advancements. The novel also explores themes of colonialism and imperialism, which were prevalent during the late 19th century when the novel was written.

5. What is the ending of "Island of Doctor Moreau" and what does it suggest?

The ending of the novel is left open to interpretation, as Prendick's fate is uncertain. However, it can be inferred that he is rescued and returns to civilization, but is haunted by the events of the island. This suggests that the consequences of Moreau's actions and the blurring of lines between humans and animals will continue to have an impact on society long after the island is destroyed.