It is easy to overclock Pentium Celeron-D

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, adjusting the value of FSB in CMOS can allow for overclocking up to 2.61GHz, but it's important to monitor temperatures. Some motherboards can overclock up to 3.8GHz, but it depends on the specific motherboard. There may be timing issues with the video card keeping up with the motherboard, causing crashes. It is possible to overclock a 1.7GHz Celeron 133MHz, but it depends on the motherboard and its ability to lock video and PCI rates. The A64 is recommended for overclocking on nV3 boards.
Saint
I just adjust the value of FSB in CMOS, up from the default 133MHz,
I can overclock it to 2.61GHz.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Saint said:
I just adjust the value of FSB in CMOS, up from the default 133MHz,
I can overclock it to 2.61GHz.

and before you know it *BOOM* :biggrin: lots of pretty lights!

...just be careful

no worry,
some motherboards allow you to overclock up to 3.8GHz.

As long as you watch your temps, you'l be fine.

russ_watters said:
As long as you watch your temps, you'l be fine.
what is the thresh-hold of the temp?

i have a 1.7ghz celeron 133mhz can it be overclocked?

Isn't there more to this than meets the eye because of timing issues? For instance, your video card may not be able to keep up with the mobo, causing a lockup or crash?

mfk_1868 said:
i have a 1.7ghz celeron 133mhz can it be overclocked?

yes but it all depends on what mother/board you have
some overclock eazy
others just don't work or work well
it depends on if the mother/board can lock the vidio and pci rates
and allow the fsb to be adjusted independantly

read all about it here
http://www.sharkyforums.com/

btw the A64 is the one to over clock on nV3 boards

cellrys why bother

Last edited:

1. What is overclocking and how does it work?

Overclocking is the process of increasing the clock speed of a computer's central processing unit (CPU) in order to make it run faster. This is achieved by adjusting the settings in the system's BIOS or through specialized software.

2. Can I overclock my Pentium Celeron-D processor?

Yes, you can overclock your Pentium Celeron-D processor. However, it is important to note that not all processors are designed to be overclocked and doing so may void your warranty. It is also recommended to have proper cooling and to proceed with caution when overclocking.

3. Will overclocking my Pentium Celeron-D improve its performance?

Yes, overclocking your Pentium Celeron-D can improve its performance. By increasing the clock speed, your processor can perform more calculations per second, resulting in faster overall performance. However, the amount of improvement will vary and may not always be significant.

4. Are there any risks associated with overclocking my Pentium Celeron-D?

Yes, there are some risks associated with overclocking your Pentium Celeron-D. The increased heat generated by the processor can potentially damage the hardware if not properly cooled. There is also a higher chance of system instability and crashes. It is important to research and understand the process before attempting to overclock.

5. Is it easy to overclock a Pentium Celeron-D processor?

It can be easy to overclock a Pentium Celeron-D processor if you have the necessary knowledge and tools. However, it is not recommended for beginners as it involves adjusting settings in the BIOS and can potentially damage your hardware if done incorrectly. It is best to seek guidance from an experienced person or to research and understand the process thoroughly before attempting to overclock.