1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Joining an engineering grad school after a major in physics

1. Jun 22, 2011 #1
    hello,
    This is going to be my first post on pf, even though I have been following the insightful topics for a long time.I have majored in physics and after that I have decided to follow a grad course and do something where I can apply my knowledge of physics and get a good job after it.

can someone list all the courses I can look forward to? Also, is it possible to switch to fields like areospace engg. or mechanical engg.?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 12, 2011 #2
    Most graduate engineering programs require an undergraduate degree in engineering. However there are a few that might accept you with the additional requirement to take some undergraduate engineering courses as pre-requisites.

4. Jul 12, 2011 #3
    Like Timesea81 said, where I went to school you can get in with a physics degree no problem, but you would have to take a few additional courses. Some programs, such as UC Santa Barbara in the US, consider a physics background superior to an EE background.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook