Kodama means echo or spirit of the trees

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter marcus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Echo Means Trees
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
24,752
Reaction score
795
Kodama means "echo" or "spirit of the trees"

I just thought you might like to know :smile:

AFAIK the Kodama state was first written in 1988
by Hideo Kodama

It seems the Japanese have what they call "clans" and there is a Kodama clan. There have been other famous Kodamas besides Hideo.

There was a famous gangster named Yoshio Kodama.


The "echo" or "tree-spirit" state appears now to be the base state of quantum gravity. It takes a positive cosmo constant and corresponds classically to deSitter space.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Marcus. Just passing through on a lazy afternoon. I spend a lot of time in the trees these days, and Echo has always been one of my favorite minor dieties. Just thought I'd let you know!

Thanks for being here,

R.