Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Lagrange mechanics

1. Apr 14, 2008 #1
    I am a physics student just finishing my sophomore year, and i was looking into what i could expect in upcoming intermediate mechanics. I noticed that Lagrange mechanics seems to be a big topic, and that i need to understand it to move forward in my studies. Being too impatient to wait for the course i was hoping someone could refer me to a good source to learn more about it, as my attempts to find information on the internet have been fruitless.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2008 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Try looking at 'Classical Dynamics of particles and systems' by Thornton&Marion. Or go to your school's library and look at practically any book on Classical Mechanics. Or find what textbook you will use for Classical Mechanics next year and buy it in advance.
  4. Apr 14, 2008 #3
    Goldstein is a pretty good source, and if you're planning on staying with physics, a handy addition to your bookshelf. Also Landau's book.
  5. Apr 15, 2008 #4
    thanks for the suggestions ill give some of these a try.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?