LaTeX: nomencl and page numbers.

In summary, LaTeX is a typesetting system that is often used for creating technical and scientific documents. It allows users to produce high-quality documents with complex mathematical equations, tables, and figures. Nomencl is a package in LaTeX that helps generate a list of symbols and abbreviations used in a document, making it useful for scientific and technical documents. To create a nomenclature in LaTeX, the nomencl package must be loaded in the preamble, and the \nomenclature and \printnomenclature commands are used. Page numbers can be added to a LaTeX document using the \pagestyle and \pagenumbering commands, and their appearance can be customized using the \fancyhead and \fancypagestyle commands or other packages
NeoDevin
I'm trying to disable the page numbers for the nomenclature (and only the nomenclature).

Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
So I had some time to do some experimentation with it, and figured it out. Posting here just in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Adding the command
Code:
\nomenclature{}{\protect\thispagestyle{empty}\vspace{-1.5cm}}

And compiling as normal seems to work. Not the most elegant solution, but seems to work.

Related to LaTeX: nomencl and page numbers.

1. What is LaTeX?

LaTeX is a typesetting system that is often used for creating technical and scientific documents. It is based on the TeX typesetting language and allows users to produce high-quality documents with complex mathematical equations, tables, and figures.

2. What is nomencl in LaTeX?

Nomencl is a package in LaTeX that allows users to generate a list of symbols and abbreviations used in a document. It is particularly useful for scientific and technical documents that use a large number of symbols and abbreviations.

3. How do I create a nomenclature in LaTeX?

To create a nomenclature in LaTeX, you first need to load the nomencl package in your document's preamble. Then, you can use the \nomenclature command to define each symbol or abbreviation you want to include in the list. Finally, use the \printnomenclature command to display the nomenclature in your document.

4. How can I add page numbers to my LaTeX document?

To add page numbers to your LaTeX document, you can use the \pagestyle command in your document's preamble. This allows you to specify the style of page numbers you want to use, such as Arabic numerals or Roman numerals. You can also use the \pagenumbering command to change the numbering style at any point in your document.

5. Can I customize the appearance of page numbers in LaTeX?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of page numbers in LaTeX by using the \fancyhead and \fancypagestyle commands. These allow you to specify the position, font, and other styling options for your page numbers. Additionally, there are many packages available that offer more advanced customization options for page numbers in LaTeX.