Latex Not Working - Is It Just Me?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Doc Al
  • Start date
In summary, there seems to be an issue with Latex not generating graphics in existing posts. This is due to backend changes that occurred on Monday. The issue is expected to be resolved soon, once Warren is given access and can fix it.
Doc Al
Mentor
Latex doesn't seem to be working right. Even in existing posts, the Latex doesn't seem to be generating graphics. Is it just me? :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
The latex program is very backend heavy and well the backend moved on monday so there are some differences that need to be ironed out. Hopefully they can be taken care of sometime today once I get warren access.

*twiddles thumbs*

All I need is a password, Greg. Change your login for like 5 minutes and let me fix this. C'mon, this is getting absurd.

- Warren

chroot said:
*twiddles thumbs*

All I need is a password, Greg. Change your login for like 5 minutes and let me fix this. C'mon, this is getting absurd.

- Warren

Everything is different, the admins are still sending me all the information and such.

1. Why is my latex not working?

There could be several reasons why your latex is not working. It could be due to an outdated or corrupt installation, incorrect syntax in your code, or conflicts with other software on your computer.

2. How can I fix latex errors?

The first step in fixing latex errors is to carefully check your code for any syntax errors. You can also try recompiling your document or updating your latex installation. If the issue persists, you may need to seek help from a latex expert or forum.

3. Can I use latex on any operating system?

Yes, latex is compatible with most operating systems including Windows, Mac, and Linux. However, there may be some slight differences in the installation process and file paths.

4. What are common latex packages and how do I use them?

Common latex packages include graphics, amsmath, and hyperref. These packages provide additional functionalities and can be easily included in your latex document by using the \usepackage command.

5. Is latex free to use?

Yes, latex is open-source and free to use for personal and commercial purposes. However, some packages or programs may require a license for commercial use.