LaTeX, where can I find a place to practice and link to?

  • Topic: LaTeX 
  • Thread starter Thread starter ovoleg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Latex Link
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 5K views
ovoleg
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
I am looking for a site that I can type in LaTeX commands and then link it to a friend by email??

Like I want to show a proof and then link it to a friend.

Anyone able to help?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hmm, well i dk of any sites that just parse email for the sake of sending it to other people, but some IM clients can support latex.

kopete, a linux IM client, supports latex out of box (all you need is a latex distro and imagemagick)

also, GAIM/pidgin has a plugin that provides latex functionality (i'm not aware of the state of this plugin on win32 systems)

please let me know if you do find a site like that though, I was also interested in finding one.
 
I will :)
I've been looking for the last hour. My searches only yield tutorials on how to use LaTeX or porn sites...lol.

edit: [tex]a^2+b^2+c^2 \geq ab+bc+ca[/tex]
 
Last edited:
We should make a thread with just latex practice and the like :)
 
Use this site: http://at.org/~cola/tex2img/index.php and use the "generate parmanent URL" option once you've verified the TeX works.

For example: http://snappy.at.org/~cola/tex2img/image.php?id=d27de9f908d143f86bf469e8ece7ad06
 
Last edited by a moderator:
that site doesn't seem to work ?

I tried [ t e x ] a^2 [ / t e x ]

without spaces, obviously, and it gave me errors. When I clicked on the link I got the dreaded X...

Help pls??
 
[tex]{y_n=a}/a^2\rightarrow[/tex]
 
Last edited: