Length of a conductor vs. Resistance

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
yeveat
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
so i plotted a graph for length of a conductor vs. the resistance to the corresponding the lengths. i observed two "peaks" on the graph. I am not sure how to explain it but it's definitely not a linear relationship. It's like a bunny bouncing diagonally toward toward +y and +x (But there are two bounces) it looks like ")" but its sideways with the peak at the top and there are two of them connected diagonally.. I am sorry if I am not explaining this well, but I am just so confused. why is this happening?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Don't know what's a "Play Doh" but data are meaningless in the absence of an approximate evaluation of their errors. which is the precision of measure of length and of resistance? Are you completely sure that the section of the body doesn't vary at all along its lenght? And what about its chemical composition? It's an alloy or a semiconductor or what else? Its shape? How exactly does the apparatus measures the resistance?
 
Last edited: