Liberty League International Complex Numbers

In summary, complex numbers are used in Liberty League International for various mathematical and statistical calculations, modeling and analyzing financial data, and making accurate predictions and forecasts. They are represented in the form a + bi and follow the rules of arithmetic. These numbers offer several advantages, such as the ability to represent and analyze complex data sets, identify patterns and trends, and make informed decisions. In Liberty League International's business model, complex numbers play a crucial role in understanding and analyzing financial and economic factors. The company also offers resources and training programs for individuals interested in learning more about complex numbers and their applications in the business.
Liberty Leagu
I may be asking a stupid question, but what is the co-relation between the complex plane and the real plane? I know Euler's equation ei\pi+1=0 relates them, but graphically, how are they related?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Liberty Leagu said:
I may be asking a stupid question, but what is the co-relation between the complex plane and the real plane? I know Euler's equation ei\pi+1=0 relates them, but graphically, how are they related?

Hi Liberty Leagu ! Welcome to PF! :smile:

They're the same!

Except, of course, that you can't multiply points in the real plane. :rolleyes:

But addition of comlex numbers is exactly the same as addition of real-plane vectors.

x + iy corresponds to the Cartesian coordinates (x,y) in every way.

And r.e corresponds to the polar coordinates (r,θ) in every way. :smile:

As Tiny-tim said, the real plane R2, consists of "points" and there is no arithmetic defined on it- you cannot add or multiply points. You can also think of R2 as the (Euclidean) vector space in which you have addition and scalar multiplication defined but not multiplication of two vectors to give a third vector. In the complex plane C, we have both addition and multiplication of "points" defined and so think of them as numbers.

chaoseverlasting said:

Hi chaoseverlasting! :smile:

Are you and Liberty Leagu the same person … I notice that your original posts were exactly the same?

Have we answered as you wanted? :confused:

Your last post (above) is a bit cryptic! :wink:

No. We're not the same person. Which is why I was wondering about this. How are the real plane and complex plane related? Is there any relation?

BTW, why can we not define inequalities in the complex plane?

You can, it is always possible to assign a linear order to a set, but not in any useful way. The complex numbers cannot be made into an ordered field. An ordered field is a field, together with an order such that if a< b then a+ c< b+ c for any c and, if a< b and 0< c, then ac< bc.

Suppose we were to define an order on the complex numbers. Then, by "trichotomy" we must have exactly one of 0< i or i< 0 or 0= i. Certainly 0 is not equal to i because 02= 0 and i2= -1.

Suppose 0< i. Then 0*i< i*i so 0< -1. That, in itself is not a contradiction, since this is not necessarily our usual order, but from that we must have 0*i< -1*i or 0< -i. If we add i to both sides of that i< 0 which contradicts 0< i.

Suppose i< 0. Then, adding -i to both sides, 0< -i. Now, multiplying both sides of i< 0 by -i, we have -(-1)< 0 or 1< 0. Again, that itself is not a contradiction but multiplying boyh sides by -i gives -i< 0 which contradicts 0< -i.

Since we get a contradiction in every case, such an order is not possible.

1. What are complex numbers used for in Liberty League International?

Complex numbers are used in Liberty League International for various mathematical and statistical calculations. They are also used in modeling and analyzing financial data, such as stock market trends and economic indicators.

2. How do complex numbers work in Liberty League International?

In Liberty League International, complex numbers are represented in the form a + bi, where a and b are real numbers and i is the imaginary unit. They follow the rules of arithmetic and can be added, subtracted, multiplied, and divided like real numbers.

3. What advantages do complex numbers offer in Liberty League International?

Complex numbers offer several advantages in Liberty League International, such as the ability to represent and analyze complex data sets, make accurate predictions and forecasts, and identify patterns and trends that may not be visible with real numbers alone.

4. How are complex numbers related to Liberty League International's business model?

Complex numbers play a crucial role in Liberty League International's business model as they are used to analyze and understand various financial and economic factors that can impact the business. This allows the company to make informed decisions and maximize profits.

5. Can I learn more about complex numbers and their applications in Liberty League International?

Yes, Liberty League International offers resources and training programs for individuals interested in learning more about complex numbers and their applications in the business. These resources can help you develop a better understanding of complex numbers and how to use them effectively in the context of Liberty League International.