For the complete text see
    http://www.darpa.mil/ipto/solicitations/open/03-30_PIP.htm

2. jcsd
  3. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,521
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Doesn't this bother anyone just a wee bit?

4. Evo

Staff: Mentor

Sorry Ivan, I meant to respond yesterday, but I wanted to finish reading the link and got interrupted.

This is bizarre. The ability to have "everything" in my life recorded? Although this would have come in handy a few times in discussions with my delusional ex... :wink:

I will comment more after I finish reading.

5. Evo

Staff: Mentor

The rest of the information mainly dealt with how to submit your solution for the project.

I don't think too many people would want something this intrusive, if it were voluntary and for "day to day" life, not as an experiment.

Makes you wonder what the "real" reason behind this project really is.

6. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,521
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Pentagon Kills LifeLog Project

http://www.wired.com/news/privacy/0,1848,62158,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_5

7. This seems rather strange... this LifeLog project comes from the defense agency when this program could have anything less to do with defense. While the benefits may seem neat (like auto-recording statistics and data when pencil isn't available), the potential for the information to be used against you seems to be great.

Sure it may help computer A.I. in computer games, but to go to those lengths to get it? Id rather have my computer A.I. buddies act stupid so I can waste them without them knowing it.

8. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,521
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

...it has been renamed? Just a guess.

9. Tsu

Tsu 638
    Gold Member

Exactly.

10. Tsu

Tsu 638
    Gold Member

11. Yeah it's a 24/7 webcam site now.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?